Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New AHP Version 3.318 Released 10/3/2011  (Read 81902 times)

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: New AHP Version 3.318 Released 10/3/2011
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 10:49:25 AM »

Clicking on the link this is what I get:

NEW! Activehome Pro Auto Update Utility:
Updates currently installed ActiveHome Pro and any additional plugins Version Size Primary Alternate
3.316 - Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, 98 135KB setup_ahp_update.EXE setup_ahp_update.EXE

Still not working at least not for me.           

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 10:53:04 AM »

Did you download the file and then run it locally?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 07:31:39 PM »

You are probably caching an old version of the page.
Try re-loading the page, and then look at the version number again.

jmbissell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
3.318 Not Working with CM11A
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 10:35:09 AM »

I just recently noticed that the latest versions of AHP now (supposedly) support the CM11A. I have been running AH 1.42 on Win7 HP 32-bit but decided to try 3.318 on Win7 HP 64-bit. I have a COM port so no USB->Serial is required.

I installed 3.318, changed the geo location and default house code and recreated my scenario as I had it in 1.42. Nothing complicated, just several AM466's and a socket rocket. Downloaded it to the CM11A and verified it through AHP. Unplugged the serial cable and plugged the CM11A back into its usual location away from the computer.

The two fast macros I defined work fine. However, none of the timed events worked or worked (briefly) at times other than what was set. I noticed that the Memory Usage in the Hardware Configuration section only show a % for Macros but none for Timed Events or Dusk/Dawn. Figured that was just a bug. Tried changing the dawn/dusk resolution (I have timers that use dawn/dusk) but didn't see anything get downloaded when I hit the "Update Interface" button.

So far I have not been able to get anything working and have had to revert back to AH 1.42. I don't have a registration code for AHP since I'm using the CM11A and did not buy anything that included AHP. However, I cannot tell if that affects anything. I would really like to get this working since I may not have access to a Win7 HP 32-bit system for long.
I've wasted the better part of a day on this and don't want to keep trying if in fact AHP is really this buggy wrt CM11A. Any help/ideas?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:37:41 AM by jmbissell »

Padymcc

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »

JM,
I too was having some sporadic issues with my AHP following upgrading to the latest version.  Today, thanks to these posts,  the problem was identified.  I have many old light modules and wall outlets.  It seems that the new version 3.318, modifies these modules in AH. 

I'd suggest you open your AHP and right click on your devices - edit, and see that they are properly defined.  The old modules need to be listed as Older (No SoftStart).  See if that fixes your issue.

Besides sporadic operation of some lights, I also had noticed that any of the older devices (non appliance modules) would not turn on when manually set to on via AHP.  That is all now resolved since editing the module definition.

THANKS again to those who have been posting very good information so we're able to easily recognize the error of our ways.
paddy

jmbissell

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »

Thanks for the information. All but one of my modules are AM466's since I run CFLs or LEDs off of them. They are correctly defined as is the one socket rocket I am using. I don't think that's the problem. Not sure from your post if you are using a CM11A or not.

jmbissell

Re: CM11A not working on 3.318
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 03:49:26 PM »

What I continue to wonder about is why when i changed the resolution of the dusk/dawn table it did not seem to download to the interface. All of my modules depend on either dawn or dusk to turn on/off. It's very easy to overflow the CM11A's limited EEPROM.

Also, the fact that the Hardware Information did not show any space consumed by timed events and dawn/dusk but only by macros is either just a bug or the reason nothing but macros are working.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 06:12:34 PM »

I'm not sure if AHP can download both timers and macros to the CM11A. It has really limited memory space.
You mgiht try time-based timers (not dawn/dusk), and see if those work.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »

I'm not sure if AHP can download both timers and macros to the CM11A. It has really limited memory space.
You mgiht try time-based timers (not dawn/dusk), and see if those work.

My foggy memory is the CM11A will use dawn/dusk timers, my bathroom has a night light that runs from dusk to dawn with 1 hour offset for dusk and dawn.  When I got AHP when I upgraded the PC to XP the cop ports started the "vanishing com port" issue (some motherboards didn't like com ports running XP) so I went to AHP and imported the AH files to AHP, the timers went along so everything ran as before.  For me the only thing AHP did was allow macros to run.  I never used macros with AH.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jmbissell

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 08:14:09 PM »

AH 1.42 allows both macros, timers, and dawn/dusk for the CM11a though the small memory means that you have to juggle the resolution of the dawn/dusk with the number of timers and macros to make it all fit. I just can't tell if all of what I've set up in AHP fits and is being downloaded correctly. It verifies that the CM11A and AHP have the same information but then almost nothing seems to work.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »

I don't know how extensive the support is for CM11A in AHP. It may not be designed to push that much data down to the CM11A.

jmbissell

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »

One last try seems to confirm that dusk/dawn timers do not work. I set one module to com on at a fixed time and the others to come on at Dusk-30 minutes. Only the fixed time worked. I guess it's back to AH 1.42. X10 certainly didn't do much testing on their CM11A support. In fact, their FAQs still state that AHP doesn't support the CM11A.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »

Have you tried setting the dusk/dawn timers to be run from the PC (instead of the interface)?

Have you also checked to make sure the dusk/dawn settings are correct in AHP? You need to make sure the location is correct, and that the dusk/dawn times in the tables match the (approximate) times for your location.

jmbissell

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »

I have checked, re-checked, deleted, added, etc. all of the modules, timers, and macros. The location is correctly set, the clock in the CM11A shows the correct time/timezone. I did notice tonight that the modules set for Dusk - 30 min eventually came on but after dusk not before. I'm going to keep experimenting but this is very frustrating. I don't want to run the CM11A from the computer so I'm not leaving it connected.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions! I've been using AH and CM11A for over 10 years so I *think* I know what I'm doing. ;)

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 10:08:06 PM »

I have checked, re-checked, deleted, added, etc. all of the modules, timers, and macros. The location is correctly set, the clock in the CM11A shows the correct time/timezone. I did notice tonight that the modules set for Dusk - 30 min eventually came on but after dusk not before. I'm going to keep experimenting but this is very frustrating. I don't want to run the CM11A from the computer so I'm not leaving it connected.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions! I've been using AH and CM11A for over 10 years so I *think* I know what I'm doing. ;)

When you go into the "Hardware configuration" screen in AHP, do the Dusk and Dawn times look correct for your location?
If the timer came on AFTER dusk, then perhaps you have the dusk delay set incorrectly to "after" by mistake.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.