Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New AHP Version 3.318 Released 10/3/2011  (Read 81904 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: New AHP Version 3.318 Released 10/3/2011
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2011, 10:33:38 PM »

ok ok!  I give!  It was just an idea  (:

BTW, I consider the 3.18 etc ver updates for cm15 firmware not software;  this ver firmware is the behind the scenes code that makes it work at the electron level..... 
The difference is, since the CM15A was released in 2004, X10 hasn't released ANY updates that change and of the code internal to the CM15A.
All of the changes that have been made to AHP have been to tweak the program that gets downloaded to the CM15A.
Nearly all of the plugins (with the SmartMacros being the only exception I can think of) run within AHP on the PC, not the CM15A. That's SOFTWARE, as it runs on the PC, and only interacts with the existing code burned to the chips in the CM15A.
Most of the bugs that have been fixed for as long as I can remember, as well as the ones that are still outstanding on the Bug List, are bugs that affect the operation of AHP/X10Nets service and/or the SDK. There were a few things that changed the PROGRAM downloaded to the CM15A (like the Daylight Savings Time changeover dates), but that's the PROGRAM the user downloads, I don't consider that FIRMWARE, either.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2011, 06:26:56 AM »

Noam; If the suffix on the controller chip indicates firmware changes. My original CM15A has a different code in it from my later ones.
One of mine even has an IC socket in it for the chip change. As X10 was still trying to get the thing to behave.

If faded memory serves me. The old and newer ones I have. Handle the multiple commands remotes send differently.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:00:03 AM by Brian H »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »

Noam; If the suffix on the controller chip indicates firmware changes. My original CM15A has a different code in it from my later ones.
One of mine even has an IC socket in it for the chip change. As X10 was still trying to get the thing to behave.

If faded memory serves me. The old and newer ones I have. Handle the multiple commands remotes send differently.

Yes, it appears that X10 did update some of the design of the board, and some of the code inside the CM15A over the years. However, none of those changes could be "pushed" by the company, and updated by the consumer. I generally think of "firmware updates" as something that can be done by the consumer (either using a software package to write the new code to the chip, or by replacing a chip). X10 never did this with the CM15A.
Now it is entirely possible that as the newer version of the firmware was being loaded onto units at the factory, X10 loaded that new version on units that were returned to X10 for repair or replacement, but we don't really have any way of knowing that for sure.

In any case, I don't expect X10 to give us any way to update the internal code in the CM15A, which they never did before.

As for a software update for AHP, that's still a possibility. From discussions I've had with the developers ,lately, it seems they are still working on it.

ps653

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 06:49:20 PM »

With all these rumors of the new cm15a, what about an update to the active home product itself?  Bug fixes at minimum?  We're a year past the last release.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:29 PM »

With all these rumors of the new cm15a, what about an update to the active home product itself?  Bug fixes at minimum?  We're a year past the last release.
I wouldn't hold your breath. As far as I know, the AHP "team" was down to one person about a year ago, and I haven't heard from that person in months.

mcflyyy

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »

Hello,

small problem here. I have a cm15pro delivered by marmitek with a 3.316 licence ...

I can't update this version, if i update to 3.318 the activehome pro say that's it not registered !

What's the problem if we don't register the product ? 30 days trial ?

I buy onalert and onphone plug in for activehome pro but this is not compatible with 3.316 versionnn !!!!!

What can i do ? Buy a new one licence ?

bye, Xavier.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »

The software supplied from X10 needs to be registered and is for the North American market.
The software from marmitek is for the European market and doesn't need to be registered.
The NorthAmerican version will still work with European modules however there is some display differences.
Running it unregistered will result in inconsistent behaviour.
Contact support and see if you can get just the AHP licence as the CM15A module won't work were you live.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mcflyyy

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:36 AM »

hi Tuicemen,

thanks for this information ...

I'm going to contact US support and see if its possible to buy a single licence without hardware ...

I can't find any email contact for marmitek support  :-\

Bye, Xavier
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.