Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BVC and baby monitor  (Read 13979 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: BVC and baby monitor
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »

Because in order to get the case to fit back together and still run the shielding wire to connector on the speaker I had to connect some speaker wire to the shielding wire and then connect the speaker wire to connection on the speaker. Would this have any effect on the quality of the audio?
Not likely.
Not unless you have a vacuum cleaner or similar noise generating appliance  running within a foot or two of the short section of unshielded wires. But here is a question. The noise you hear, is it static like, OR a buzz or humming like sound. (60Hz buzz like if you hold an AM radio under a flourescent light).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Glorfindel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »

When testing in separate rooms Its definitely not a buzz. It's more like static with an occasional hum.
It appears when the both the transmitter and the receiver are in the same room there is a buzz .
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:59:22 PM by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 11:08:37 PM »

Okay again sorry for the double post. Anyway I want to post that I fixed it so that people who have a similar problem will know a solution (so pretty much I am posting this for future reference). So I didn't ever get rid of the static, but by starting a new voice recognition profile (the old one had been used with a different mic) and setting the settings to be more accurate and less responsive I got it to stop thinking the static was thank you. I also set it to not adapt to my voice. I then ran the microphone wizard and training setup aswell. The settings now seem perfect. Thanks for the help everyone but I think this problem is solved!  8)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »

..... So I didn't ever get rid of the static, .........  I got it to stop thinking the static was thank you............ The settings now seem perfect. Thanks for the help everyone but I think this problem is solved! 

Glad your happy with the results. The static shouldn't be there... but as you've expressed here it really doesn't matter that much. Voice Recon is pretty much 8 bit. Which means it doesn't require a whole lot of high fidelity. Even a simple baby monitor microphone setup can work reliably for years.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Loveheart

• Name of my BVC is Lisa
    • Lisa.x10
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 05:59:14 AM »

hello Glorfindel,

It's always good to ask.
We all must learn more and more.
It works fine,Dave has done a  great job  #:)

greetings loveheart
Greetings Loveheart

My WebSite:  http://lisa-x10.webklik.nl/
don't forget to sign my guestbook !
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.