Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A few issues with my Airpad. Any assistance out there?  (Read 4676 times)

rkerwood

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
A few issues with my Airpad. Any assistance out there?
« on: September 28, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »

Before I just return this I thought I'd see if these issues are correctable.  My wife has an iPad and I guess I'm a little spoiled when it comes to things just working.
1) No matter what selection I make for screen timeout, it reverts back to 'Never timeout' and does not go into a sleep mode.  So if I don't keep it plugged in, the battery is gone in a couple hours. Any fix or patch for this?
2)WIFI does not connect automatically.  I have to open the WIFI screen and reselect every time I turn it on,  ALways says 'Error'. Haven't found any other settings to determine the 'Error'.  Any ideas?
3)Battery time is way too short.I have th escreen brightness way down but is there any other setting to maximize battery life?
4)Browser hangs up way too often.

Haven't tried to download any apps just yet, wanted to see if these issues can be corrected first otherwise I'll return the unit and continue to use my netbook instead or my wife's iPad when she's leaves it unattended.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: A few issues with my Airpad. Any assistance out there?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »

I have my Screen Timeout set to 10min. and it works fine however the screen display uses less than 20% of the battery power even turned up close to max. brightness.

Yes WiFi must be turned on each time and it uses approx. 12% of the battery.

I have posted a couple of test on the battery and my finding are that either streaming  from a network hard drive or playing movies from a SD card or USB thumb drive, that two hours is about the limit. Perhaps 2-1/2 if one does not mind running battery down lower than I like. I try and limit discharges down to 20% plus remaining.

rkerwood

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »

Any thoughts on the browser hanging up?

I'll try the 10 min timeout.

WIFI issue is annoying but livable.

Are there any firmware updates I should perform?

Thanks!

rkerwood

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 01:27:45 PM »

The screen timeout selection is not being retained.  In addition the unit wouldn't charge for two days, then when I changed the timeout selection again, it started charging.

This is way too much to deal with.  How do I handle returning this unit?  I bought a $210 Winframe tablet about 2 months ago for my grand-kids and was pleased with it except it only had a resistive touchscreen but everything worked right out of the box.  I'm very disappointed that the Airpad has so many issues. 

I'm looking for something that just plain works and unfortunately, the Airpad isn't it.

Please let me know how to return the unit. I have all of the original packing material, etc.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 03:01:42 PM »

Please let me know how to return the unit. I have all of the original packing material, etc.
rkerwood,
This is a user forum. Of late X10 staff has responded to a few posters with problems, but you may want to call X10 just to cover all bases.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 03:08:30 PM »

I would also try phoning or emailing.
Here is some added information.
http://www.x10.com/support/return_policy.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.