Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adobe Flash Player  (Read 12389 times)

deholla

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Adobe Flash Player
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »

I got the AirPad delivery just a couple days ago, and have not been able to play any Adobe flash enabled websites using the stock browser. Flash was updated to Version 11 and there is a flash player settings icon which open https://settings.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile/ that results in a small square in the screen center with a green arrow inside pointing down.  The browser closes when I touch the square with the arrow. The streaming flash video we have works well on my wife's Toshiba Thrive but when I open the service using the AirPad there is a statement that Adobe Flash is required.  The "Market" recognizes that Flash Version 11 is installed but when going to the sample showcase sites provided by Adobe, the browser closes. I tried other browsers (Miren, Dolphin HD, Opera Mini) and all the same results, no Flash files appear.  Have other had similar results with the flash player not working?

Resolved- The flash player is is working fine now after reinstalling 10.2.  Thanks to the help in this forum!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:03:30 PM by deholla »

q711179

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Adobe Flash Player
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:27:36 PM »

Post a site that you have tried and I will give it a go. I mostly use youtube crackle, and jetflicks, all with no problems.

-------------------------------------------

This plays okay on the "other" tablet but not the AirPad. I noticed the stock browser closes whereas the Dolphin browser attempts to load the file, shows the square, then closes.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/industry-trends/announcing-adobe-digital-publishing-suite-for-android-tablets/

I'm open to other solutions.  I might have an old copy of Flash 10.1 saved on a mini SD card but I'm hoping to not having to get too involved.

RESOLVED - much thanks to q711179 and this forum!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:43:09 PM by deholla »

deholla

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:02:03 PM »

Whoops.  I embedded the link within your reply.  Here it is again:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/industry-trends/announcing-adobe-digital-publishing-suite-for-android-tablets/

It does not play in my AirPad but does in another tablet I have.

q711179

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 01:46:47 PM »

I went to the suggested link and at first did not think it was going to work as I tapped on video options a couple of times and saw the player load but nothing else. Then I noticed at the top the page a player had loaded, pushed it's play button and video started! Watched a few moments of tech talk and seems to be working well. I am wondering if the sight is better optimized for Honeycomb, but at least it worked. I have latest adobe flash and adobe air on my AP. I will be including your suggested sight in a video review of AP.

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 09:04:03 PM »

The Adobe page you mentioned is using Flash Player 11. The current version on the AirPad is 10.2.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

bURrITo

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »

I also have the issue where installing Adobe FlashPlayer 11 breaks the browser. It will crash and close.

The application Browser (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force close

Uninstalling flash helps, but then I also noticed the exact same message when trying to click on the browser menu and then choosing Downloads. It crashes with the same error every time. Tried using both available ROMS and resetting several times. For the Downlaods issue I factory reset and was the only thing I tried first and it crashes.

q711179

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »

In my earlier post I said I have latest Adobe player but  I checked and it is 10.2 which probably explains the funky way that video was playing for me. I have not tried to install version 11 yet. After doing some reading on other forums I will not even try to download 11 as many have complained of bad experience with it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:01:04 PM by q711179 »

bURrITo

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 02:32:23 PM »

In my earlier post I said I have latest Adobe player but  I checked and it is 10.2 which probably explains the funky way that video was playing for me. I have not tried to install version 11 yet.

I was able to install 11 then remove it and revert back to 10.2. Things were okay then. Does anyone else have the same issue as to just going into the browser menu and clicking on Downloads?

I'd also be curious if anyone can get 11 to work on the AirPad. I know some friends that tested for me on other tablets streak and galaxy 7 and they are ok.

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »

Does anyone else have the same issue as to just going into the browser menu and clicking on Downloads?

I'd also be curious if anyone can get 11 to work on the AirPad.

Trying to access the download manager causes my browser to crash, as well. Several other users have reported that behavior, as well.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:49:51 PM by DemDave »

deholla

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 10:59:49 PM »

Removing Flash version 11 is easy.  Where can I find a copy of 10.x or what ever was distributed with the AirPad? Adobe's site only has v11 for Android.  I'm a bit skeptical since Adobe says there is malware pretending to be flash installers. Any help?

q711179

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »

Removing Flash version 11 is easy.  Where can I find a copy of 10.x or what ever was distributed with the AirPad? Adobe's site only has v11 for Android.  I'm a bit skeptical since Adobe says there is malware pretending to be flash installers. Any help?

Download from this link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?k0ajgr0vtj0j22i

deholla

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »

#:) Thanks to q711179 for the "gold star" service!  The download worked great and the Flash files seem to be running fine.

RESOLVED

bURrITo

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 11:39:45 AM »

Adobe Flash Player 10.3 seems to work as well. Still can't get any version of 11 to work. I tried reporting it as a bug to Adobe.

The version of 10.3 I got from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/V46pPNrX/Adobe_Flash_Player_103.html

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »

Flash 11.0  is not buggy it is just not supported on Adroid 2.3 which is the version in the AP.

See post

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25206.msg142356#msg142356
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:01:13 PM by everydayflyer »

bURrITo

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 04:06:02 PM »

Flash 11.0  is not buggy it is just not supported on Adroid 2.3 which is the version in the AP.

Really? I'm not sure. I swear my friends Galaxy tab has 2.3 on it and I saw him install and run it. It also works on my Dell Venue Android, but that is running 2.2.

If 2.2 works I would assume it should work on 2.3.

According to this link it should work.  :-\

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.