Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM11A outlet addressable?  (Read 8069 times)

spatialminds

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM11A outlet addressable?
« on: January 17, 2012, 02:57:55 AM »

I recently picked up a CM11a and CM17a (Firecracker) to experiment around with Heyu and X10.  The CM11a plugs into the wall and has an outlet on it that I have a lamp plugged into.  Does the CM11a have a house/unit number that can be used to switch the lamp on/off?

I have the same setup on my CM17a and the instruction manual describe the default house/unit numbers which I'm able to use to turn the lamp attached to it on/off.  I've poured over the documentation and spent far too much time searching with Google but can't seem to find any information about setting the house/unit code on the CM11a.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Craig

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM11A outlet addressable?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 06:03:59 AM »

The outlet on the CM11A is a pass through outlet. Always On.
The CM11A does not use an X10 address.

The CM17A Firecracker. Also has no X10 Address. It just takes the data your program sends it and converts it to an X10 RF command.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:25:53 AM by Brian H »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:34:46 AM »

I have the same setup on my CM17a and the instruction manual describe the default house/unit numbers which I'm able to use to turn the lamp attached to it on/off. 
The Cm17a is the serial port firecracker. It doesn't have any outlets on it, only a 9-pin serial connector at each end.

spatialminds

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 02:41:27 PM »

Thanks for the info on the CM11a outlet.  I piggy backed a lamp module onto the CM11a and that did the trick.

Yes, it was late, way too late.  :) What I was thinking, but not typing, was the TM751 transceiver that the firecracker talks to.

>!

Craig

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »

Thanks for the info on the CM11a outlet.  I piggy backed a lamp module onto the CM11a and that did the trick.
You don't need to piggyback them, you should be able to plug that lamp module into a different outlet if you want.

Yes, it was late, way too late.  :) What I was thinking, but not typing, was the TM751 transceiver that the firecracker talks to.
In that case, the TM751 is permanently set to UnitCode 1.
It also doesn't have a PLC receiver in it. So, if you send any commands over the powerline (like with the CM11A), the TM751 won't see them, or react to them. It can only be controlled via RF, either from a hand-held remote, or from an RF-enabled PC transmitter (CM15A / CM17A / CM19A).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.