Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A  (Read 5981 times)

appel1999

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A
« on: October 09, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »

I have been using X10 for a long time and recently installed AHP with the CM15A. One of the several problems I'm having is as long as the CM15A is plugged into the wall outlet it renders the blue buttons on all the palmpads useless. I can not dim lights or control fans. It does not matter if the CM1A is plugged into the computer or not the problem pertsists regardless. I unplug it from the wall and everything is fine. So the CM15A is now sitting on my desk unplugged and unused. Thanks in advance...

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: CM15A
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »

You Palm Pad should dim and bri through your CM15A with no problems UNLESS you also have another tranceiver (TM751, RR501) also picking up the same Palm Pad signal...that is a no-no.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »

Besides the TM751 and RR501. If you have any of the X10 Security Consoles they also can transceiver X10 addresses on their security house code.
If you have any other transceivers. You could do a test by removing them or going into AHP. Tools, Hardware Configuration and turning off the house code the others are set to.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:42:01 PM by Brian H »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 07:38:34 AM »

When you plug in the CM15A, are you unplugging your other transceivers at the same time?
Is the CM15A connected to a PC running AHP when you plug it in?
Is there any programming (macros, timers, etc) stored in the CM15A, or in AHP on the PC it is connected to?

What does the Activity Monitor show when you press the Blue buttons?
Do the other buttons (the on/off ones) still work with the CM15A plugged in?

What House Codes are slected in the "Trasceived House Codes" section of the AHP Hardware Configuration?

appel1999

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »

Thank you all for the replies. Here is what's going on... I did have another transceiver plugged in somewhere because X10 phone support told me it was OK. I unplugged it and plugged the CM15A into my laptop in my bedroom and everything was working fine. I then moved the CM15A to my desktop computer in another room and restored the AHX file from my laptop and plugged it in the wall. So far so good, then I went to use it and 4 or 5 modules are not working at all. When I push the buttons on the palm pads you can see AHP buttons responding but nothing is happening. I do have have phase coupler hooked up in my panel. It's not feasible to keep it plugged in to the laptop because it's not always on or even in the house. I do not have any security devices. All I run are lamp and appliance modules, all on house code A and the AHP is set to that letter. I do have two macros to set off two appliance modules. When I unplug the CM15A I close the AHP software first.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »

Try plugging in the CM15A where the other transceiver used to be.
See if that makes a difference in which devices respond to the CM15A.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:41 AM »

I did have another transceiver plugged in somewhere because X10 phone support told me it was OK. I unplugged it and plugged the CM15A into my laptop in my bedroom and everything was working fine. I then moved the CM15A to my desktop computer in another room and restored the AHX file from my laptop and plugged it in the wall. So far so good, then I went to use it and 4 or 5 modules are not working at all.
Brian and I are going down the same road and it sounds like you either have a coupling problem or a noise problem on the circuit where the "4 or 5 modules" are located. You said you have a "phase coupler" but if it is a passive coupler you will be getting much more attenuation as the X10 probagates throughout the house. How big is your home? My $0.02 is the get a "repeater" which will amplify the X10 signal on both phases. The X10 XPCR can be had for about 20 bucks on EBay, although the Rolls Royce of repeaters is the XTBIIR from JV Digital Engineering.

If you do have an active repeater then you need to trouble shoot a noise problem.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:00:53 PM by dave w »

appel1999

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »

I'm not sure which coupler I have. It was reccommended by tech support and I got it from X10. My apt. is not that big, about 1000 sq. ft. with a separate panel for just my unit in a three family house.

I ran an extension cord from the computer to an outlet in the bedroom that is on the same breaker as the outlet that everything was working on when plugged into my laptop but it's even worse. Everything is haywire, I can plug a regular transceiver in anywhere and all is good but as soon as I switch to the CM15A everything is crazy.

Another problem I've been having is in AHP the module settings are changing by themselves.  I have them set for appliance or lamp or whatever all of a sudden they are not responding through AHP and I check the settings and they switched from lamp module to wall switch or appliance 3 pin to appliance 2 pin all by themselves. Crazy problems since I switched to AHP. If this stuff would work it would be great, especially for me because I am disabled and use a wheelchair.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »

Well now your description sounds like a AHP/CM15A problem rather than a possible phase coupling problem. Since I do not use AHP or the CM15A I am bowing out.

FWIW regarding your passive coupler or amplifying repeater.
http://www.x10pro.com/pro/catalog/platform.html#couplers
If you got it from X10 it will be either the XPCP which is passive or the XPCR which will amplify the X10 signal on both phases. The link has identifying pictures of both units.

I assume you have the latest version of AHP and you performed the CM15A rest ritual (use AHP to clear CM15A interface memory. Unplug from wall and USB, remove batteries, count to 10 and then put it all back).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:45:04 PM by dave w »

appel1999

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »

I have not done the reset ritual but will. I just noticed that AHP changed my macro from 2 devices on to one on and one off. Changed all by itself. I do have the latest version.

appel1999

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 06:30:12 PM »

Thanks for the link. I have the XPCR coupler.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »

I have not done the reset ritual but will. I just noticed that AHP changed my macro from 2 devices on to one on and one off. Changed all by itself. I do have the latest version.
Sounds like something funny with your AHP.
I suggest starting a fresh AHX file with a new name, re-create your macros, and try again.
Make sure that when you are opening AHP, that the file name is not changing to an older one.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 08:55:08 AM »

.......plugged the CM15A into my laptop in my bedroom and everything was working fine. I then moved the CM15A to my desktop computer in another room and restored the AHX file from my laptop and plugged it in the wall. So far so good, then I went to use it and 4 or 5 modules are not working at all. When I push the buttons on the palm pads you can see AHP buttons responding but nothing is happening. I do have have phase coupler hooked up in my panel. It's not feasible to keep it plugged in to the laptop because it's not always on or even in the house. I do not have any security devices. All I run are lamp and appliance modules, all on house code A and the AHP is set to that letter. I do have two macros to set off two appliance modules. When I unplug the CM15A I close the AHP software first.

sounds like everything runs from the CM15 and so it does not require the pc at all...  if so, if u have a location in the bedroom that works all modules properly, why not just leave it there?  since it does not require the PC, it will work fine whether the pc is plugged in or not.  anytimeyou want to make changes just plug in the usb cable and do it, then unplug and your done.  Is this an option? 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.