Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Pro XPFM - Help  (Read 4402 times)

russcart

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Pro XPFM - Help
« on: October 18, 2011, 11:32:37 PM »

This is totally new to me, but I just discovered that my pool lighting is being controlled by two XPFM Fixture Modules. This house is new to me and the previous owner had the pool installed and left no data regarding the pool (or anything else for that matter). My problem is, how do I operate the light since no remotes, switches or controls (for lighting control) were left with the pool. I discovered the modules when troubleshooting and opened the inside panel in the electrical sub-panel. The service is feed from the main house panel to this sub-panel where the wire runs to the circuit breaker, GFCI, XPFM modules, then directly to the pool light. At this point I have no way of turning the light on. Is there a way to manually operate the modules to get the light to work? Or do I need to purchase a remote control, or some sort of switch? If something else is needed, what will work (make, model, etc) with these two modules? My preference at this point would be to have some sort of remote control rather than a wired control unit.
Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: X10 Pro XPFM - Help
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 06:16:42 AM »

If you want simple and no fancy timed controls.
You could get a simple Mini controller and manually send power line On and Off signals to the XPFM Modules.
This is a package deal but you could find the controller alone if you choose to.
http://www.x10.com/promotions/mc10a_ed_app_mod_spec.html?EM

If you wanted slightly more control like some simple On and Off times. A MT13A MiniTimer would work.
Same here a package deal but you could probably find it alone. On many automation sites.
http://www.x10.com/promotions/mt13a_ed_blowout_090711.html?EM

On the module are two dials House Code A-P and Unit Code 1-16. You would set the controller to the same house code and use the proper unit code button to control them.

Of course you could also just remove the XPFM modules and use some outdoor rated manual switches.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 10:15:05 AM »

Just to piggy back on Brian's response:

You could also get one of the X10 RF remote control setups so you would also have cordless control.

http://www.x10pro.com/pro/catalog/controllers.html#rf

There are a couple shown near the bottom of the page. "X10 Pro" is a seperate site, but you can get the same products from X10.com or Ebay.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 12:55:36 PM »

Or, you can get Active Home Pro and the CM15 transceiver to control both theXPFM Fixture Modules. plus any other modules you want to get.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »

Or, you can get Active Home Pro and the CM15 transceiver to control both the XPFM Fixture Modules. plus any other modules you want to get.

Someone was recently shipped a CM19A because the CM15A was out of stock.  With the factory supposedly closed, the question is will there be any more.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 01:14:02 PM »

Or, you can get Active Home Pro and the CM15 transceiver to control both the XPFM Fixture Modules. plus any other modules you want to get.

Someone was recently shipped a CM19A because the CM15A was out of stock.  With the factory supposedly closed, the question is will there be any more.

Jeff
Jeff -
When are you going to start development of the XTB-15A?  -:)

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 02:05:35 PM »

Jeff -

Sorry, but that just isn't going to happen.  I have no interest in pursuing the controller market.  However, the XTB-232 is now available.  That provides a high-power powerline interface for PC-based automation software.

The XTB-ANR (Active Noise Reducer) is in beta test right now, and the reports have been good.

And, I am still working on the XTBM Pro.  Hopefully that will be done before the end of the year.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 03:33:39 PM »

Jeff -

Sorry, but that just isn't going to happen.  I have no interest in pursuing the controller market.  However, the XTB-232 is now available.  That provides a high-power powerline interface for PC-based automation software.

The XTB-ANR (Active Noise Reducer) is in beta test right now, and the reports have been good.

And, I am still working on the XTBM Pro.  Hopefully that will be done before the end of the year.

Jeff
Jeff -
I was only kidding. You've said in the past that you have no interest in creating a CM15A replacement.

--Noam

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.