Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't connect with home wireless network  (Read 3043 times)

lenora1372

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't connect with home wireless network
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:00:40 PM »

I just got my Air Pad and I can't connect to my home network.  My Air Pad finds my network, but when I select it, I get a password prompt.  I do not have a password set on my network router.  I use a wireless laptop at home with no problems and I don't need a password to connect with it.  Can anyone help?

SuperC142

Re: Can't connect with home wireless network
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »

Hi lenora, I'm definitely not calling you a liar, but it's pretty unusual for someone to have a wireless router for home use with no password.  Do you know how to log into your router's configuration?  If so, you might try doing that and hunting around within the wifi or security configuration to confirm that you don't actually have a password defined.  If you really do have no password, have you tried entering a blank password?  I suppose another relevant question would be: are you sure you're attempting to connect to your network (and not a neighbor's or something like that)?  Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to help troubleshoot.

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:46:33 PM »

Most likely it is asking for the network key.

If you currently have a PC that is connected via wireless you can download/run this program which will display the network key.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Decrypting-Decoding/WirelessKeyView.shtml

Scan file for viruses before executing.

Good Luck

lenora1372

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:59:58 PM »

I entered a blank password using the space bar and got past the password screen.  But I still can't get a connection.  Waiting for my son to come by to help me out.  Thanks for the advice on using the blank password.

lenora1372

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »

Systemdm,
You were right.  It wanted the network key.  My son followed your instructions and got me connected.  Thanks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.