Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airpad locks up when trying to use wi-fi  (Read 2692 times)

EmpowerMaui

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airpad locks up when trying to use wi-fi
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:11:38 AM »

I've had about 3 or 4 occasions since I got my airpad (few days ago) that I am trying to get the wi-fi to connect again and the airpad will lock up and I had to shut it down by holding the power button and once I actually had to hit the reset to default.
I will get a "Sorry, the wifi is not responding" Choices were a force shut down (something like that, it locked up did some sort of rebooting before I could get the message
I also get an message saying something about "Sorry, process system is not responding." Choice of force close or wait.
If I force close, it reboots and then I go to turn on the wifi and there is no indication that it is off or on. I select the wifi to turn it on and I get the "Sorry, process system is not responding" again. Finally managed to do a complete power off cycle.
My concern is trying to figure out what kind of problems I might have before being able to return it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:51:21 AM by EmpowerMaui »

bURrITo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Airpad locks up when trying to use wi-fi
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:41:39 AM »

I actually get this too. Usually not when trying to connect, but rather after connected and the device locks. Trying to unlock it makes it very slow and then if I wait long enough I can force close, but wireless still won't work and the device is still very slow until I reboot it. Very annoying.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Airpad locks up when trying to use wi-fi
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »

I have had my AP for about a month now and have well over 150 hours of streaming movies from th home media server and watching movies  by way of NetFlix as well as TV shows from Hulu and TV Land.

I have only had to reboot my AP a few of times after WiFi connection was lost during extended pauses. One time I did get a LAN not available error but a rebbot cleared that up.

These things are computers running operating systems which were designed for phones and the fact is they work extremely well IMO all things considered. Anyone around here remember the early versions of Windows?

Apps which have worked for me in this post

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25214.0

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:05:06 PM by everydayflyer »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.