Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VA12A not allowing reboot with Windows 7 64 bit  (Read 12731 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: VA12A not allowing reboot with Windows 7 64 bit
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »

I do have a extra “input” on my USB tuner which I know I can configure under Windows Media Center.  I wonder if that would work?  It’s a Hauppauge 950Q TV tuner .
As far as I know. AHP will ONLY handle video from one of the X10 video adapters (VA11A, VA12A, VA13A). I don't think you can use an input from anyone else (although that would be really helpful to be able to do that).

JJtech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 06:03:12 PM »

I have seen some motherboards reported to not booting correctly with some USB devices attached.
You may want to see if yours has a setting to boot from a USB device and do a test with boot from USB device disabled.

Hey Brian,  Thanks.  I did disable the "boot from USB" and it didn't help.

For some strange reason, once and a great while, the screen won't freeze.  One time after a boot, I didn't touch anything for 10 minutes and when I came back, I was able to sign in.  Who knows?

JJtech

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 06:05:51 PM »

I have seen some motherboards reported to not booting correctly with some USB devices attached.
You may want to see if yours has a setting to boot from a USB device and do a test with boot from USB device disabled.

Disabling the "boot from USB" didn't help me Noam.  It still locks up on me!  Any other ideas???

I had a similar problem with one of my PCs locking up at boot time, every so often (more often, sometimes).
I tracked it down to the receiver for my ATI RF remote. Once I unplugged that, the problem went away.
Perhaps I should try disabling the "boot from USB," and see if that fixes the issue with the remote.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »

...... I don't think you can use an input from anyone else (although that would be really helpful to be able to do that).

Noam is correct only X10's video adapter works with the X10 software. But other software can be nice too.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JJtech

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 08:03:22 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Just wish I could get the system to boot with it plugged in instead of having to unplug and plug it back in.

Anyone know how I can get Eric B. at X10 to respond?  I have tried many times over the years.

m82a1pa

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 07:13:44 PM »

I've got Windows 7 x64 and no issues rebooting.  Have you tried another USB port?  For some unknown Windows reason, that's cured a few USB issues I've encountered.  I had a problem running it from a powered hub though.

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 01:15:20 PM »

I got V12A. Installed on PC using Window 7, 32 bit and 64 bit and it did not work. So I got a replacement  from X10, and it did not work. Then decided to go back to XP and V11A. Now all is well. I was never happy with the quality of the pictures from X10 cameras and they didn't work at night anyway. So I decided to switched to something that gave good, clear pictures and without any static noise. So I switched to Foscam IP cameras for outdoor (so far) and am very happy with the results. Day and night very clear view. I can view these cameras on PC, iPad or iPhone on line or wifi. Also video has a good range.  I think I'll replace all cameras with Foscam.

IPS
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.