Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Touch screen goes crazy unless cleaned.  (Read 2325 times)

Chars

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Touch screen goes crazy unless cleaned.
« on: October 23, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »

I use the airpad a couple hours hands on a day. I'm not sure of all the circumstances, heat, charging, whats on my hands (:
But the screen starts showing the notifications panel, screen get's stuck half way when switching screens, it pretty much becomes unusable, UNTIL, I wipe the screen down. Then it works fine!
So I guess there are heat/other sensors? that are being effected by stuff on the screen. This is my first tablet. I have a Samsung Prevail Android phone that I never clean, but don't use it to much.
Can any long time Android Tablet owners confirm if having to clean the screen 1 or2 times per hour is normal?

Also when it wakes up the screen for a minute or 2 is freakish. Have to hit home and reload browser, wipe the screen. I think the sensors are bad in my unit. But I'm hearing the new or latest Airpads don't get android market, so not sure I want a replacement.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:04:39 PM by Chars »

bURrITo

Re: Touch screen goes crazy unless cleaned.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:30:12 AM »

I actually don't get these issues. The touch screen works for me without having to constantly clean it. Although sometimes I do notice it's a bit more responsive after cleaning it. I also have a screen protector on it though. It's an anti-glare, and it has two layers you have to peel off. I left the top one on because it makes it look glossy, not sure if the protector helps. I don't think you have to keep cleaning the screen though. I just had an issue with ROM 004. If you get a replacement, you can go back to 002, which is what I just did and it is rooted and has Android Market on it.

Chars

Re: Touch screen goes crazy unless cleaned.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:44:57 PM »

I have to wipe the screen, push the power button, then unlock the screen a couple times, and then it works. The sensors are screwed up. I asked for an RMA and CS said they were sending one, never got it. So te extra 30 seconds of priming the carb to get it running is upsetting. Once the screen starts working is fine unless it's charging, and warm, or using dolphin browser an warm, or using it/touching the screen for an hour or so.
The notifications panel, likes to pop open randomly. I will make a video of the issues for further evaluation.
Thanks bURrITo

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.