Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Turn on TV and cable box  (Read 10421 times)

Gismo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Turn on TV and cable box
« on: November 01, 2011, 03:51:50 PM »

How can I get the power button to turn on my TV and my Pace RNG-110 HD cable box from Comcast at the same time?????

exnooyorka

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Turn on TV and cable box
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 09:37:17 PM »

I recorded a macro for the Power button and learned both the power command for my TV remote and the power command for my FIOS remote.

And about 30 seconds later I realized that my FIOS remote turns both devices on when I press "Power", because when I tested the learning on the IR34A, my TV turned on, the FIOS box turned on and the TV turned off again.  Duh.

Then I re-recorded the learned command for the power button just from the FIOS remote, which was already programmed to send both codes.

Then I reset the FIOS remote to only turn on the FIOS receiver and assigned that to a side button, in the event I want to switch from the FIOS box to another device, need to keep the TV on but want to turn the FIOS box off.

See pages 25-35 in your manual for instructions.

Good luck!

Gismo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »

So your saying that you programmed the remote power button(all lights on button) to turn on TV and Fios  by the learning mode?

exnooyorka

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 06:30:27 PM »

I used the main power button.  I only did that for FIOS mode, so if I put the remote into TV mode I will only turn the TV on / off by using the main power button.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.