Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: fake low battery alert in sc12a killing its usefulness  (Read 3253 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
fake low battery alert in sc12a killing its usefulness
« on: November 03, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »

so.  replaced my ds7000 with new sc12a with antenna wire pulled out of case and stuck vertical.  works same as ds7000... but....

on ds7000 it didnt care about the fake wrong crappy 'low battery' indicator from ds10's......

ds12a does care.  It wont arm with this.  4 of my 7 ds10's report low battery.  they are like 1.56v each.  ok ok my meters may be wrong;  replace them with fresh ones;  still low bat false reports.  so.  ds12 will not arm.

what good is an alarm that won't arm??  we live in the country.   my shotgun always works, but if I dont know they opened the barn over there i cant use it.  at least my ds7000 would arm.

any ideas or better yet, solutions?  anyone have schematic of the ds10?  I would be happy to take each apart and clip the stupic battery low circuit.....

help once again please ya wizards or x10 land......

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: fake low battery alert in sc12a killing its usefulness
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:11:15 PM »

on ds7000 it didnt care about the fake wrong crappy 'low battery' indicator from ds10's......

Are you saying that the DS7000 also reported a wrong "low battery" indicator, but it would still arm?

Is it possible it's the DS10a's that have a problem? I've never had any of mine (12 in all) report a false "low battery". I change the batteries every 14 months or so, they usually still read about 1.54v to 1.58v.

mike

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 07:51:38 AM »

perhaps I am hasty in my reply...  since ds7000 did not have any indicator other than flashing lite to show problem, I always assumed that just meant it did not get its 4 hourly report in sigs and low batt was not bothered with...  perhaps I assumed (I know) wrong....  it seems highly unlikely that 5 (this morning another one reported lo batt) of 7 ds10's have this same problem...  tonite I will take a power supply to one and try 3.5/4/4.5/5v into it and see if the lo batt goes away....  just suprised others dont see this issue... must be something to do with the country air & burning wood to heat....

mike

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »

I BELIEVE I HAVE IMPORTANT DATA FOR ALL X10 USERS OF DS10'S in regard to battery low indication.  I will post in new thread in problems/troubleshooting titled "IMPORTANT DS10 LOW BATT REPORTS"

Created link to the referenced post. -Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:58:39 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.