Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Charging with USB  (Read 5457 times)

frantic1049

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Charging with USB
« on: November 03, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »

I've already bent my charger. Can the Air Pad be charged with the USB cable? If so which one? I haven't had any luck by connecting it to my laptop with the USB or mini USB

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Charging with USB
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:24:43 AM »

Page six of your instructions says NO.
http://www.x10.com/support/airpad-om.pdf
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 10:28:00 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

frantic1049

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »

Darn, I was hoping i could. The book that came in the box says you can power it up through the USB but I guess just enough to turn it on. Thanks for the link

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »

Darn, I was hoping i could. The book that came in the box says you can power it up through the USB but I guess just enough to turn it on. Thanks for the link
I think you are right, it gets enough power through USB to maintain operation. It might charge a little if you shut it down and leave on USB for an extended time.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:24:42 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

frantic1049

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:32:25 AM »

I left it connected to my laptop via mini usb overnight & it was fully charged this morning. The red charging light only comes on when the air pad is powered off or asleep, so it seems to be getting power, but not enough to power the display and charge at the same time. At least I can get it charged up, which should hold me over until I find a new charger. I wish X10 had them available. I'm not the only one who needs a new one & I'd also like at least one spare

bURrITo

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »

On mine I also noticed it only charges when the device is powered off or in sleep mode via USB. At least that's the only time I see the red light.

bURrITo

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 12:53:39 PM »

Also if you want to get a replacement charger I personally have tested a couple of charges and these work:

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25388.0

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:38:58 PM »

AIRPAD X IS A RE-BRAND OF THE ZENITHINK ZT280-C91.  YOU CAN SEARCH FOR CHARGERS FOR THAT UNIT. YOU CAN ALSO RE-FLASH THE FIRMWARE AT THE LATEST 2.3.4 VERSION OR EXPERIMENT WITH THE LATEST ICS BETA AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE THE GOOGLE APPS INCLUDING MARKET AVAILABLE TO YOU.

Please don't use all caps, it's considered shouting.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »

If your eyesight is that bad you need to see an eye doctor.
Dan -
That comment was inappropriate, and you might want to think about removing it. Please remember to "play nice" on the forums.

As for the font size, you might try adjusting your screen resolution, or the font size in your browser.
If you want to post in a larger font, there is a "font size" feature int he forum, where you can use a larger font in your posts. (I'm not really sure how that helps you, since you know what you wrote, and you really want to magnify what everyone else said)

kuffs

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 09:19:37 PM »

I keep seeing a reference to a red charging light,is this on a certain model airpad??I have the 7P model bought in Dec,and I can find no
visible red light any where on the unit.Also,is there any advantage to the "new" 7P other than the 4.0 ICS?? I'm constantly afraid
that I will damage mine by over charging it.....thanks

N4ST

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »

My 7p has no red light during charging either.  AND it charges just fine via the USB.  I have used it for over a month and only charged via the wall plug-in the first time.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.