Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OnAlert Mobile  (Read 10099 times)

bfineman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
OnAlert Mobile
« on: November 05, 2011, 07:25:55 PM »

I'm new to this world, and excited to be here! The primary reason I'm jumping on this bandwagon is for a home security system, and I bought a starter package to accomplish that task. Of course now I have questions.

Current question: How do I get OnAlert Mobile to work? I'm accessing the interface just fine on my phone, but it doesn't do anything. In ActiveHome in the Plugins->OnalertMobile->Configuration menu, it asks me to pick with remote control to use, so I selected my KR10 security remote. I am trying to control the PS561 security console. Is there a secret to this?

I guess I am confused on how this is supposed to function - I thought the KR10 was a one way device. Is ActiveHome trying to signal my KR10 to signal the PS561? I kind of assumed ActiveHome would be able to talk to the PS561 directly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:37:32 PM by Noam »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: OnAlert Mobile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:13:44 AM »

I believe OnAlert Mobile. Learns the ID from the KR10A you have registered with the console. Then sends commands just like you had pushed the actual remotes buttons.

bfineman

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:25:46 AM »

Hi Brain, thanks, that makes a lot of sense. So, is there any way I can diagnose why this isn't happening like it should? The remote arms and disarms just fine, but the OnAlert Mobile does not, and if I set up a macro to arm the system (and select the same remote), when I run the macro it has no effect. Is there a log file I can look at? When I look at the F2 logs they don't always seem to reflect what's happening.

Thanks,
Ben

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 10:10:56 AM »

I think this thread might haver an answer to your problem: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=21888.0     I have an android phone, so I  had to use phone html app to register with my console for it to work.   Another consideration is the RF range of your CM19 or CM15 to your console.   

I bought the OnAlert mobile module back in June2011, but no longer use it.  With the Android browser, It was not reliable.   Even though you phone did not establish a network connection, I it would tell you visibly  that it Armed/Disarmed.... however it did not make contact to AHP.. so I would walk in with the alarm blazing.   Real disappointment.   I think it was caching issue and the scripts were running locally on my phone.  What crummy design.

Also I could not get the secure token to work either similar to this guy below: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=23200.0

I bought all this stuff prior to understanding the "quality level" of X10 software releases.  Maybe all this stuff has been fixed, but I expected a native Android App of which it is not.

bfineman

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »

Thanks pseeker, that other thread you linked had the answer: I had to put my console in "install" mode, then click the "disarm" button on the OnAlert mobile (on my iPhone) and it chimed and paired it. Then I put it back in run mode and it seems to work for basic arm/disarm. I still need to explore the other functions. Thanks again!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.