Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is the best current version for Windows 7 64 bit?  (Read 8011 times)

Graphics Guy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What is the best current version for Windows 7 64 bit?
« on: April 23, 2012, 03:38:31 PM »

Hi to all,
I am running Windows 7 64 bit and Active Home Pro 3.228, and when I click on Check For Updates, I receive the message that version 3.228 is the latest version available and no update is necessary, but I see several versions like 3.313 & 3.318 listed in the downloads section.  What version should I be using at this time with my configuration?  Thank you. 
Respectfully, Graphics Guy

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: What is the best current version for Windows 7 64 bit?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »

Check for Updates has been broken for a long time now.
You may want to look at the revision history and see what was changed in the varied releases.
Is 3.228 giving you any issues?

m82a1pa

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »

3.318 is the latest and works fine with Win7 x64.  That's my platform.  The update checker has never worked.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »

3.318 is the latest and works fine with Win7 x64.  That's my platform.  The update checker has never worked.
Actualy the update checked did work up till 3.228
Graphics Guy,
You can always get the latest update Here: Software Download Center
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Graphics Guy

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:19:30 PM »

Thanks to all that answered.

I AM having a problem with AHP but I am not sure if it is because I only have Ver. 3.228 installed or not.

When I click on  - Update All Timers and Macros, I get an ERROR notification.  If I click on it, I get a second ERROR notification.  If I click on that I get a - Downloading Of Macros and Timers Complete.   The program does not activate the macros & timers I have set up in the past that worked very well.  I tried a test and set up a new timer to turn On & Off a light and it appears to work OK but the ones that have worked for years give no response and do not turn on at dusk & off at midnight as they did in the past.   

Should I purge the memory somehow and re-install of the the timers and macros that I wish to use or is there a way to check out the problem without duplicating all of that work?  If you would like me to take this problem to another area of the forum please let me know.  Respectfully,  Graphics Guy

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »

Ver 3.228 wasn't made for Windows 64 bit.
Update to the current build as there have been a number of fixes since and the current version is 64 bit compatible.
Issues with timers is one issue that was addressed.
However once you update you'll have to redesignate your lamp modules as older lamp(non softstart)
If you have softstart modules you won't need to change anything.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Graphics Guy

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »

Hi to All,

I upgraded to version 3.318 as someone suggested.   This stopped me getting the ERROR messages when I clicked on - Update All Timers & Macros but didn't help the unit to respond to commands.  I replaced the batteries and insured that the unit was firmly plugged into an active wall outlet and not an extension cord.  I checked Control Panel>Device Manager and the unit shows up as USB Active Home Interface – working properly. 

The timers turn On & Off the icons in the Rooms Panel but do not turn on the connected lights.  I can operate the one programmed light in the basement computer room by clicking on the icon in the Rooms panel but it will not turn on any other switches or lights throughout the house.  At one time all of the lights worked great and would turn on at dusk and off at midnight.   The switches in the Living Room when pressed manually operate the lights normally so I don’t think the switch is the problem.  The switches light up so I can tell if it has been activated either manually or by computer.   I have not changed any codes.  This really has me puzzled.

(Tuicemen wrote:  However once you update you'll have to redesignate your lamp modules as older lamp(non softstart))
I am not sure how to do what you suggest, is there instructions anywhere that will tell me how to do this?
I am just using light switches activated by AHP to turn on and off power receptacles that table lamps using normal incandescent bulbs are plugged into.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what might be wrong or better yet how to fix the problem? 
Respectfully,  Graphics Guy

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »

To redesignate your lamp modules for non softstart:
Right click on the module in AHP
Select edit
In the edit module window beside type of module it should say Lamps click and scroll down to Older Lamps(no SoftStart)
Click OK

Note: The newer Softstart modules should be set as lamps
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Graphics Guy

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »

Hi Tuicemen,
Thank you for the quick reply.
I changed all of my lamp settings over to your suggestion.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 07:21:58 PM »

With your lamps correctly configured you should have better results with your timers!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Graphics Guy

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 10:16:26 AM »

Hi Tuicemen,

I appreciate the assistance you have given me but is there another place on this forum where I should be soliciting help to figure out why my modules are not responding to AHP commands sent from my computer?  Throughout the years I am sure I am not the only one that has ever had this problem. 
Can you point me to the best method to search the forums for possible answers?   
Is there any troubleshooting guide available that would walk me through the steps to figure out what is wrong?
I will greatly appreciate help from anyone that has suggestions to what is wrong, and possible solutions.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »

There is a section for Help & Troubleshouting in AHP: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=gk4vcd80o9robkfal1a6skjdk3&board=3.0
There is a sticky thread I started that has some common issues and links to threads that address them.
Also try the search function at the top of the screen click on the magnifying glass to bring up an advanced search screen.
As well do check the links posted by Brian.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Graphics Guy

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 12:41:08 PM »

Hi to all,

Brian, thank you for the list of sites to visit and I will visit them shortly.

Tuicemen, thanks again for all your help, it is most appreciated.  My original post no longer applies so I have moved this topic over to the site you suggested and started a new post under:  “My programmed AHP timers no longer work”.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.