Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Android Browser Crashes  (Read 6405 times)

freebieluvr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Android Browser Crashes
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »

I am a newbie to the Android world, was really excited to receive the AP a few days ago, but I am not as excited as I was when I ordered it...mainly cause I can't access anything by Amazon to get my apps - really frustrated about that.

Anyway, the android browser keeps crashing - I can be looking up anything and then all of the sudden an error pops up and says the android browser has crashed and I am forced to close....why is it happening?

And another question while I am at it...I finally got the AP hooked up to my TV, thanks to another post on here, but a lot of good that is, cause my AP goes blank and I cannot do anything. So what is the point? I wanted to watch movies and such but I can't pause or stop or anything.  B:(

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Android Browser Crashes
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 08:41:57 AM »

Most Tvs with a HDMI input also has other inputs such as Video, Computer , Air (antenna) etc.
Mine has HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 so Roku is on HDMI 1 and AP goes on HDMI 2 ,simple to use TV remote ,switch to HDMI 1 set and start AP then switch to HDMI 2. 

I was lucky and got my AP while they had the Goggle Android Market installed so Apps are a piece of cake.  I have read the instructions for downloading Apps from Amizon and they are more complicated but many have done so with success and some prefer the Amazon site for Apps.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:00:41 AM »

And another question while I am at it...I finally got the AP hooked up to my TV, thanks to another post on here, but a lot of good that is, cause my AP goes blank and I cannot do anything. So what is the point? I wanted to watch movies and such but I can't pause or stop or anything.  B:(
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25043.0
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

freebieluvr

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 11:30:51 PM »

Most Tvs with a HDMI input also has other inputs such as Video, Computer , Air (antenna) etc.
Mine has HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 so Roku is on HDMI 1 and AP goes on HDMI 2 ,simple to use TV remote ,switch to HDMI 1 set and start AP then switch to HDMI 2. 

I was lucky and got my AP while they had the Goggle Android Market installed so Apps are a piece of cake.  I have read the instructions for downloading Apps from Amizon and they are more complicated but many have done so with success and some prefer the Amazon site for Apps.

Yeah, I have HDMI 1 hooked to my Wii and HDMI 2 to this airpad, and I can switch back and forth between the two within my TV remote - but it doesn't resolve the issue with the blank ap screen and no one has responded to the fact the browser crashes - think this thing is going back :(

freebieluvr

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 11:31:43 PM »

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25043.0

Yup, this is how I hooked it up to the tv but doesn't help me with the blank screen - thanks for the reply though

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »

Yup, this is how I hooked it up to the tv but doesn't help me with the blank screen - thanks for the reply though

The thread indicates you can not have images on both the AP and a TV at the same time.  :'
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:38:07 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

everydayflyer

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 05:40:52 AM »

Yeah, I have HDMI 1 hooked to my Wii and HDMI 2 to this airpad, and I can switch back and forth between the two within my TV remote - but it doesn't resolve the issue with the blank ap screen and no one has responded to the fact the browser crashes - think this thing is going back 

Works for me just fine. With AP on HDMI 2  TV input  I just switch to HDMI 1 or Air (Antenna),Channel 3, Computer, Video 1,2 or 3 ( all available TV input choices)  and the AP screen is then viseable, I make my selection start the movie ,etc.. and then switch tV input back to  HDMI 2 ( AP) with TV remote.

Why must some take something so simple and make it complicated? IMO the AP  is an OK source for viewing photos,movies and such  using HDMI output to larger screen  but not the best choice. My Roku, WD Live , and both of my laptops  provide a much better / higher quality video signal to the big screen.  A 7" pad is convient / portable but will never be the only device needed. You can hook a trailer behind a car but that does not make the car a truck.

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 12:33:51 PM »

The AP's screen will not work while using the HDMI connection. However, you can plug in just about any USB mouse into the AP to control it while the screen is off.

I have a wireless keyboard/mouse combo (which use a USB dongle) that works flawlessly with the AP in this configuration.

everydayflyer

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 03:51:42 PM »

The OP stated

snip

I wanted to watch movies and such but I can't pause or stop or anything

to which I responded that one merely has to swith the TV to an input other than the HDMI which the AP is using and it works fine.

Once AP does not see the HDMI connection signal the screen and full functions are returned. I have used my AP to view NETFLIX,HULU,CBA.COM,SYFY Rewind and many others and other than the video is not what I would call excellent it works fine. I even used the AP to stream ful motion video from my Home Server a 32" Sanyo and quality was not bad at all,in fact much better than studio VHS tapes which were considered great not that many years ago.

Dave are you able to pause,fast farward etc. with your wireless from your easy chair? The draw back with my way is you do have to walk over to where the AP is.

In my case I use a Roku XD for such ,even stream from home server now that I found a very good computer based server program.

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »

Dave are you able to pause,fast farward etc. with your wireless from your easy chair? The draw back with my way is you do have to walk over to where the AP is.

Yes. The mouse/keyboard works from across the room. A small red cursor appears on the screen. The cursor functions as if it were your finger (click where you would have wanted to touch, click and hold to bring up the context menu, right click is the equivalent of the "back" button).

It's a bit more convenient than walking over to it any time you want to pause; however, it's still not exactly the most elegant solution. I still definitely prefer to use my WD TV Live HD for video playback on my TV because of the superior video quality and the dedicated remote control.

For the most part, I just use the AP/TV/wireless mouse setup for music playback (hook the AP up to my home entertainment system and then use a wireless mouse to control the Spotify app from across the room or in the kitchen). It's also fun to play some games on my TV using the mouse, too. But that's about the extend of the usefulness for me.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.