Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HDMI  (Read 4217 times)

Dannykirk

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
HDMI
« on: October 15, 2011, 08:30:24 AM »

Best setting for me is the 1280x720P @ 60hz. Very impressed. The only con is I wish the tablet screen could function at the same time you are using the HDMI output. This way it would be easier to click on the video apps / videos you want to play. I guess not a big deal, I first set the video I want to play to my TV, turn it on and then connect the HDMI.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: HDMI
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 01:10:11 PM »

I wanted to test it but not sure it is worth the cost of a Mini to standard HDMI cable / adapter. Would have ordered the $10 from X-10 with the AP if they were available back when I ordered. I checked around and most places want $20 or so after shipping is added in. Wal Mart has one for $45 ,sure!

I have a Laptop with HDMI output which works very well plus it does have dual display and it works with Hulu which I use to catch up on missed TV shows. AirPad is not supported by Hula as yet perhaps later.

deholla

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 02:52:42 PM »

Got a cable sold through Amazon as "Gold Plated HDMI to HDMI Mini cable, 2 M / 6.56 FT" in Electronics; $3.19 and sold by: Cable Matters.  I got free shipping since it was with a few other things (case and keyboard for the AP, wireless signal repeater) at Amazon.  It worked great with a television.  AirPad does not support the dual screen function but you could "blindly" use the touch screen of the tablet and the actions do display on the television.  It would be okay for movie watching since hitting the controls on a blank screen might not be too difficult.  However, playing Angry Birds with the rest of the family on the couch is even more challenging.  BTW - the Thrive does support dual screens but costs twice as much.  Enjoy!  >!

everydayflyer

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »

Received my Mini HDMI to Standard HDMI adapter cable and I agree with first post that  1280x720P @ 60hz. is the best.

While setting up HDMI be sure to set Screen Sleep to 2 min. or more. If the screen sleeps there is no HDMI output and TV gives No Signal report.

I just switch to another input  when I need the AP Screen to navigate.
NetFlix is not great on this setup but not that bad either. Streamed avi. files from my Home Media Server are very good.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:54:35 PM by everydayflyer »

everydayflyer

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 09:23:48 PM »

Anyone else noticed that after HDMI  output is enabled (turned on) that Screen Timeout  is set back to 30 sec. (default) most of the time but to Never sometimes?

Also 1080 display is advertised however that is not a HDMI screen output resolution choice.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:34:15 PM by everydayflyer »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.