Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time and Date will not stay set.  (Read 2528 times)

diller3

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Time and Date will not stay set.
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »

Hi,
I just received my new air Pad last Friday and I am having trouble keeping the setting for date and time after a shutdown. It connects OK to my wireless network and I can browse the Internet most of the time. The battery is fully charged. I have had it freeze up a couple times and needed a reboot. It keeps the setting for eastern time zone but the time and date revert to the default Jan and 1970 I think. I have searched all the settings for an option that may need to be enabled however I can't find any. Has anyone else had this  problem? I am trying hard to like this product but this is frustrating. Additionally the calibration that is covered in the owner manual # 8, does this not apply to capacitive touch screen? I think that this is what they are saying.  Please let me know if there is anything further I may do.   Thanks.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5

diller3

Re: Time and Date will not stay set.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:14:06 AM »

Hi, I tried what was covered in the other forum post but it still resets to default time and date on shutdown. Is there a battery that keeps the memory like a PC motherboard? I am thinking I may have to send the AP back for one that keeps memory. It also crashes frequently while trying to navigate the Amazon/ android apps page. I haven't been able to download any apps yet.  ???

diller3

Re: Time and Date will not stay set.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 11:43:47 PM »

Hi,
I wanted to up date. I ended up contacting customer service and sent the airpad back. They installed a new motherboard and now it is keeping time properly.  8)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.