Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cannot set p.m. times  (Read 10520 times)

ekmeyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Cannot set p.m. times
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »

Either I'm missing something very basic or there's a bug in 3.318. Anytime I try to change the time on a timer event in the p.m. hours, the time switches to a.m. regardless of what I put in the On or Off box.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Cannot set p.m. times
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »

I'm not able to duplicate this.
How are you changing the time (clicking the up/down arrows, or typing the time in manually)?

ekmeyer

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »

Both.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:10:43 AM »

Strange.
Can you set it back to PM afterward?
Did it work in a previous version of AHP?

ekmeyer

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »

This is my first version. Before finally upgrading to Win7 x64, I was using an old CP290 with Huras' X10WC. Now using a CM19a.

In the On and Off boxes, I can manually or with the buttons change any time to p.m., but it will go to a.m. on the timer list above and to the left. The only time p.m. will be accepted is if I creating a new timer in the evening and do not touch the prefilled times.

Interestingly, I am just now learning that there appears to be a times of the day (immediately after noon) in which the behavior is completely reversed. I can't create a p.m. timer. Everything switches to a.m. on the list.

This really looks like a software bug unless there's some silly thing I'm overlooking.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 01:38:38 PM »

I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce the condition you are seeing.
I can create both AM and PM timers with no trouble at all.
What module types are you trying to set the timers on? Perhaps there is a bug, but it only affects certain module types.
the more information we have, the easier it will be to try and reproduce the problem.
If we do find an issue we can reproduce, then we can pass it along to the developers (There are a few X10 employees on the forums, but most of us are consumers, like you. )

I'm wondering if you may have a corrupted AHX file.
You might want to try creating a new file, and seeing if it exhibits the same behavior.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 03:49:29 PM »

Which interface are you using?
CM15A, CM19A with TM751 or CM11A?

ekmeyer

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 11:24:13 PM »

CM15a.

ekmeyer

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 12:20:12 PM »

Additional information: I have reinstalled the software with the same effect. I did find that if I changed from a.m./p.m. to 0000-2359 as the default time setting, I could set times in the evening hours. This pretty well confirms, in my mind, that there is a software bug.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 06:36:15 PM »

I have a night light in my bathroom that is X10 controlled and the timer attached turns it on 1 hour before dusk and off 1 hour after dawn.   That timer has been working for 22 years with zero problems.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 07:16:50 PM »

I have a night light in my bathroom that is X10 controlled and the timer attached turns it on 1 hour before dusk and off 1 hour after dawn.   That timer has been working for 22 years with zero problems.
Dan -
I don't see how this is relevant. The AHP hasn't been around nearly as long, and this problem appears to be related specifically to AHP.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 02:29:26 AM »

That night light has been working since I first got X10 in the late 1980's from the first one through Active Home and the CM11A to AHP and the CM15A.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 07:58:49 AM »

That night light has been working since I first got X10 in the late 1980's from the first one through Active Home and the CM11A to AHP and the CM15A.
Congratulations! You have a reliable piece of HARDWARE. What does that have to do with the user reporting a possible SOFTWARE bug in AHP?

To me, your story is no more relevant to the problem at hand, as would be a car owner reporting reliability problems, and you telling us that your DRIVEWAY has been working great for over 20 years! I don't see the relevance.

Rodneyiren

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »

I am not in control of the version, and it has been rebooted ~20 times with no problem, so what does the version have to do with it. I am just trying to figure out what this apparently indiced issue could be and how to resolve it. And NTP is running but dies on every attempt to update. This server has been keeping perfect time with no NTP errors.  B:(  >*<

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.