Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Code Clickers Knobs  (Read 2106 times)

Mavrik

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Code Clickers Knobs
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:30:35 AM »

I found a few old threads about the X10 Code Clickers Knobs and the super high shipping cost from the couple of vendors that sell them. $8 ship for $3.40 item, the actual shipping cost for an item like this is under a buck. Has anyone found somewhere to buy them at a reasonable shipping cost? I was actually surprised they are not on ebay.

I have to say not having a control knob on a pad controller is pretty stupid on x10's part. I dial like on cameras would be nice.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: X10 Code Clickers Knobs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:26:23 PM »

Somewhere on the Forum, someone suggested cutting a slot in the X10 knob and gluing a washer (fender type) in the slot.  Looked like a workable solution to me, but I never tried it.....

Mavrik

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »

I have a flat piece of steel and wood dowel for a knob in it now, I just wanted something a little nicer. I also filed down the clicker nubs inside a little and used silicone lube to make it turn easier.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 02:25:06 PM »

I know Smarthome sells them, for less than $3.50 per 10-pack.
If you are already ordering other items from them, the additional shipping would be negligible (if at all - they have free shipping on orders over $50).

I've also seen a suggestion to cut a notch out of a small washer, and glue the washer into the slot.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »

Noam, I believe Smarthomes shipping is Free for >$200 orders to Commercial Addresses Only. Residential is not included as some found out the hard way. Though around this time of the year shipping deals frequently change.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.