Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home SDK problem recognizing Firecracker and serial Computer Interface  (Read 5976 times)

JimAvanti

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I am just starting to try to get the Activehome Pro SDK to work using visual Basic.net.   There are some examples I tried, but I can't get anything to work.  The software doesn't show any errors, but nothing gets controlled.  I am not sure if it is the software or the interfaces i am trying to use.  I see no reference to the COM port being used in any sample code, so I am unsure if I need to use a specific Com port, If I can only use the USB interface, or if I am trying to use incompatible interfaces.  I tried the Firecracker on COM2 and the Home Controller Computer interface (HC60RX) also on COM2.  Com1 is not an option on my computer.  Can COM port interfaces be used with the SDK, and if so, is there a way to specify which COM port to use?

Thanks,
Jim

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

There is no support a serial connection (which require comports) in the SDK Yet.
It supports the CM19 and CM15 both use a USB connection.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JimAvanti

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Well that was a quick and simple answer.  Thanks,

Jim

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Guess it has not been updated to support the CM11A like the main AHP program does now.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

Guess it has not been updated to support the CM11A like the main AHP program does now.

I think X10 programmers were looking at doing that but most have left the company for greener pastures!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.