Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help. no responce, or return of merchandise from RMA returned Oct 14th  (Read 2544 times)

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World

I've emailed multiple times in regards to a Sentinel camera and receiver I was instructed to send back last month for a replacement of the same, and have yet to hear from anyone there at X10. Its like they don't exist anymore. If the darn thing didn't cost so much I wouldn't be so worried, but they aren't cheap lilke a lot of the other stuff.
   Anyone have suggestions or ideas on who or how I can contact someone directly on this or is this something I need to seek legal assistance on at this point? This is just getting way to ridiculous and out of control with thier service, or lack of.
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Help. no responce, or return of merchandise from RMA returned Oct 14th
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 08:51:43 PM »

I would try a phone call along with email.  Get your ducks in order (i.e. RMA number, who you talked to who authorized return, proof of receipt, etc) and call them.

IMHO X10 may be in death throws. I hope not, but comments similar to yours are getting more frequent on the forum.

It might be past the point that the BBB, or State AG, or even nasty letter from your attorney will help. Or it could simply be they do not have a new camera to return.

Assuming you paid by credit card or Pay Pal, you may be able to get them to "reverse the charges". I have done it with Pay Pal.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

darkstarz

• Darkstarz World
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »

Ouch ! ........
  If I didn't know you better I might shrug off your comment a bit, but I know you better and know you've been around a long time, I know I talked with you way back....., well ok, we won't go back that far,  :)%

Anyways, thanks for the heads up, think I'll be giving them a call tomorrow.
Larry S.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 12:31:22 PM »

Ouch ! ........
  If I didn't know you better I might shrug off your comment a bit, but I know you better and know you've been around a long time, I know I talked with you way back....., well ok, we won't go back that far,  :)%

Anyways, thanks for the heads up, think I'll be giving them a call tomorrow.
No, no, no. No "ouch" intended! I think you misinterpret.

I meant be ready to throw everything including the kitchen sink at  X10 to let them know: you did get an RMA,  you did return the original camera, X10 did receive it, etc. etc.  Otherwise, I fear they will just make some kind of time buying excuses. IMHO X10 HQ ain't a happy place and perhaps chaotic right now, so it may be more difficult to "get their attention".

darkstarz

• Darkstarz World
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »

Yeah, well I might have mistook you at first dave, but my mindset was totally different when I called. I was fully prepared to do what ever it took to get a hold of someone, in person, and get a real answer, regardless. After all, unlimited time on my cell phone means just that, unlimited, and making it hands free makes it all the better to make the wait more acceptable.
   I won't give out the people's names that I spoke to on here, at least not yet, until I either get my replacement by the time specified or my camera returned with the required accessories I need to make it work for me. But the clock is ticking, and so is my temper.
Larry S.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 01:58:15 PM »

Well, don't feel like you are alone. I think it will worsen.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25618.0

ejs42035

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 10:28:21 AM »

I canceled my order because of a bait and switch attempt on October 24th and my PayPal account has still not been credited. This after several phone calls and many customer service submissions.

After opening a PayPal dispute last week, I finally got an Email yesterday.

No credit yet, but at least some person or machine capable of generating an Email is alive at X10.com.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.