Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pan & Tilt Questions  (Read 9375 times)

Marshallrams

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Pan & Tilt Questions
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:08:10 AM »

I just purchased 4 pan & tilt for my camera's. I am not understanding how to set up each camera on the pan & tilt after it's mounted. Does the camera need to be a certain way like straight, centered, looking out before you set your presents?...should the camera be set a certain way on the pan & tilt before you set your preset views, i.e., Should the camera be set up or down on the pan & tilt before setting the presets?  I set up 4 presents on a camera but when I click on them, either some of the don't go to the preset or when it does, it is either up or down from where I set it. Should the camera be sitting up or down on the pan & tilt, or set up where it sits in the middle? How about the camera where you can focus it. Should it be also set straight in the middle, then go from there to make it turn left, right, up or down before setting you presets? After I select a preset location, should I center it then preset the location? Is there any manuals or instructions on setting these presets & where the camera needs to be on the pan & tilt? I'm really confused as to how to set the presets & where the camera should be on the pan and tilt before I set the presets. I have one camera where I set it up to look down on my driveway, then look over to the left to pan the sidewalk to the left of the driveway, but it will not go over to the left on the preset so I'm confused on what is the best way to set these presets. Also, can you pan & tilt from your Iwatch mobile app on your cell phone? Or can you just use your presets when using the Iwatch mobile app on your cell phone? Thanks for the info.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Pan & Tilt Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 11:52:36 AM »

ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/ninja-setup.pdf

Edited by Noam to fix the link
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:41:58 PM by Noam »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:34:50 PM »

When first powered up. The mount should center both horizontally and vertically.
That maybe a good starting point.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »

How were you setting the presets?
The camera centers itself when you power it up.
You then need to use the controls (either through the software, or a hand-held remote) to set the position, and then program the preset. If you manually move the camera (by hand) it doesn't know where you put it, and you run the risk of jamming or breaking the gears.

Marshallrams

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 01:21:18 AM »

Thank you all so much!! Helped me tremendously since I'm a novice at this!!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.