Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Airpad 7p  (Read 22613 times)

Polly

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: New Airpad 7p
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 01:52:31 AM »

I located the videobb.com website on my computer for the show I wanted, then entered the URL into the Browser on the Airpad. (Next time I'll email myself the link to save the trouble.)

I recall that I did a lot of searching using terms like "watch TV online free".  At videobb.com's homepage I didn't see how to go straight to the TV episodes.  (Apparently on that site, the users upload videos of all sorts, and if enough people (10,000) view a video, the uploader earns cash.  So there are a lot of videos there of all sorts, and even for the one episode I wanted, there were many uploads by many people.)  As it appeared onscreen, it wasn't obvious that it would just play for free, but it did. I watched it on the computer first, then typed in the URL for the same page on the Airpad Browser and hooked up the HDMI cable to put the display onto the TV.

I'd still like some help with Gmail's display on the airpad.

hessville

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »

Polly,
       Try going to gmail through the opera browser that you recommended to me to use for watching cbs episodes.
You get a full screen and the pinch motions work!
I'm going to try out the videobb site you recommended.
Thanks

Polly

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 03:35:33 AM »

Try going to gmail through the opera browser that you recommended to me

Someone else must have mentioned the "opera browser" to you.  Please tell me about it.  Does Opera have an android version?  I've never even used the regular version, Mac or Windows.

Google's Gmail android page of supported devices says that when using the Browser for gmail, you can't attach any files though you can see images.  And it says that with the "email app included on many android devices", you can attach images but not documents like Word files or pdfs. So now I just might try the Email app that I find in the list of apps. 

The Airpad manual says:

If you don’t already have an account just go
to mail.google.com and sign up for a free Gmail account, ...

There is no mention about using Google's android page for gmail, or anything about the Email app.  Will someone who has used it please explain what it is?  And step-by-step how to begin using it? Thanks.

\\\Polly

hessville

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »

Sorry Polly,
                You're right, it was someone else.
Like I said go to gmail through the opera or opera-mini browser, it seems to do what you were wanting.
Sorry I did not respond faster on haven't been on the forum lately because I had to send my airpad back and waiting for the replacement
(lost audio to the speaker).

Polly

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 02:40:09 PM »

:) Thanks! I got the Opera Mini-Browser through the Amazon Appstore app and after install was pleased to find that setting "Html" for Gmail, the view is the same as on my  computer. 

///Polly
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.