Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How can I set an Eagle Eye MS14A/Receiver RTM75/ Alrm SC546A timer?  (Read 3203 times)

East Coast B

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

In my garage, I have an Eagle Eye MS14A and a Receiver RTM75.  In my house I have an Alarm SC546A.

No matter how I set the timer on the Receiver or Alarm, when the Eagle Eye is tripped by motion, the alarm sounds even though I have the timers set to off. 

Basically, during the hours of 6am and 10pm, I don't want the alarm to sound. 

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

ECB

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: How can I set an Eagle Eye MS14A/Receiver RTM75/ Alrm SC546A timer?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:46:48 AM »

Your AHP controller is a CM15A and not the CM19A with TM751?
Is the MS14A triggering a macro on it address. That then sends a different addressed command to the SC546?
If the SC546 is on the same address as the MS14A. It will always chime on a motion detection.

East Coast B

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 08:59:22 AM »

"I have the CM15A"

Is the MS14A triggering a macro on it address. That then sends a different addressed command to the SC546?
"The MS13A and RTM75 are on address B and the SC546A is on G."

I can manually turn off the RTM75 and once I trigger the MS14A, it turns the receiver back on which then activates the SC546A.

Seems like there must be a way to restrict the triggering of the SC546A during daytime hours.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »

"I have the CM15A"

"The MS13A and RTM75 are on address B and the SC546A is on G."

I can manually turn off the RTM75 and once I trigger the MS14A, it turns the receiver back on which then activates the SC546A.

Seems like there must be a way to restrict the triggering of the SC546A during daytime hours.

I am guessing the MS14A is on B1, and the RTM75 is also on B (it is locked to unit 1).
In order for that to trigger an SC546A on HC "G", you must have a macro in your CM15A, triggered by either B1 or B2 (the dusk/dawn sensor address) that turns on the HC/UC combination for the SC546A.

If that's the case, change it to be a conditional macro, that is active only during the day.

East Coast B

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:34:52 AM »

Thanks for your replies! 

I can't use the dusk/dawn features as I work in the garage past sunset and don't want the alarm to sound.  Therefore, I need the capability to set the alarm during very specific hours.

I think what I am going to do is plug the RTM75 into an appliance module.  I can then program the appliance module to specific hours.

Still wish they had an eagle eye that plugs into an 120v AC outlet and I could control that eagle eye on/off times.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 07:15:55 AM »

I'm confused.
If you have a CM15A, why do you need the RTM75 (is the CM15A too far away to pick up the Eagle Eye)?

East Coast B

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 08:00:08 AM »

Yes it is too far away.  The main controller tied to my pc is in my house and the eagle eye and RTM75 is in my garage which is located to the back of my property about 100 yards. 

Am I not understanding the macro properly?  It appears that you can only use an on time and dusk/dawn settings?  If it had settings like a lamp or appliance module, I wouldn't have a problem.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 03:24:01 PM »

Yes it is too far away.  The main controller tied to my pc is in my house and the eagle eye and RTM75 is in my garage which is located to the back of my property about 100 yards. 

Am I not understanding the macro properly?  It appears that you can only use an on time and dusk/dawn settings?  If it had settings like a lamp or appliance module, I wouldn't have a problem.

I'm not really sure what you mean.
Do you have the SmartMacros plugin for AHP? (if not, you can't do conditional macros).
If you, do, you would create a macro that would check for a condition (like time of day), and then either run the commands in the macro, or exit (depending if the condition was true or not).

East Coast B

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 04:31:15 PM »

I've got version 3.296 Active Home Pro Professional....  if that helps determine what I have.

How do I get the smartmacros plug in?  Doesn't look like I have it as the macro capability seems very bland in my version.

East Coast B

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »

Talked to x10....  I don't have the plug in.  Going to go with plugging the receiver into an appliance module and set the timer on the appliance module to only be on from 10pm to 6am...  even with the smartmacro's, I'd be able to control the times but the transmitters would be clicking on and off all day long even though they would be doing anything...

Thanks!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »

even with the smartmacro's, I'd be able to control the times but the transmitters would be clicking on and off all day long even though they would be doing anything...
You don't need to set the motion sensor to Unit code 1. Set it to some other code, and the transceiver won't click on and off with it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.