Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: CM15A Battery Status always red...  (Read 10044 times)

apica

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A Battery Status always red...
« on: December 07, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »

It is my understanding that the purpose of the batteries used in the CM15A are to preserve the timers and macros stored in the interface in the event of a power failure.

Since I received my CM15A in January 2011 and installed the batteries followed by a battery status reset, the light has always been red and the time remaining is 48:00. There have been times when I have unplugged the device for days perhaps more than a week. I tested the batteries and they are still good (1.58v). Is this normal?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: CM15A Battery Status always red...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:59:44 PM »

Try doing a full reset on the CM15A.

Unplug it from the wall and the PC, remove the batteries, and wait a few minutes.

Put it all back together, re-download the programming to it, do a battery status reset, and see what happens.

What version of AHP are you running?

Tom G.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »

I wonder if the version of Activehome software that you are running is causing this? I recall having a similar problem some time back, but I actually use an older version of Activehome now. I don't recall what version number I use, but it is a very stable one I bought long ago and I don't need any of the newer features that were added as time went by. It was one of the newer versions that I tried that caused the battery status problem. I don't think that the fact that the light is red causes any real trouble, though. Just looks annoying.

Tom G.

apica

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:14:18 AM »

Try doing a full reset on the CM15A.

Unplug it from the wall and the PC, remove the batteries, and wait a few minutes.

Put it all back together, re-download the programming to it, do a battery status reset, and see what happens.

What version of AHP are you running?
I've tried this many times to no avail. I'm using AHP 3.316.

apica

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 11:19:12 AM »

I wonder if the version of Activehome software that you are running is causing this? I recall having a similar problem some time back, but I actually use an older version of Activehome now. I don't recall what version number I use, but it is a very stable one I bought long ago and I don't need any of the newer features that were added as time went by. It was one of the newer versions that I tried that caused the battery status problem. I don't think that the fact that the light is red causes any real trouble, though. Just looks annoying.

Tom G.
I've had this problem ever since I purchased the CM15A interface. I don't remember which version of AHP I was using then but I'm now using 3.316 and the problem still persists. My main concern is whether or not my timed events will be able to function properly in the event of a power failure.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 01:07:29 PM »

Try replacing the batteries. Avoid cheap ones.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »

Sounds like there is something wrong with your CM15A.

Maybe the battery sensor circuit or the battery connections to the PCB are bad.
You may want to look at the slots in the battery holder where the + button of the battery slides into. I have seen them have a burr in them and the + does not connect.

With 3.318 I can reset mine with no batteries and it say 48 hours and the battery Icon stays Red.
If I put batteries into it. On the next start up the Icon goes to Green or if I use the reset battery status it also turns Green.

apica

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 05:25:07 PM »

Try replacing the batteries. Avoid cheap ones.
I have always been using Duracell.

apica

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »

Sounds like there is something wrong with your CM15A.

Maybe the battery sensor circuit or the battery connections to the PCB are bad.
You may want to look at the slots in the battery holder where the + button of the battery slides into. I have seen them have a burr in them and the + does not connect.

With 3.318 I can reset mine with no batteries and it say 48 hours and the battery Icon stays Red.
If I put batteries into it. On the next start up the Icon goes to Green or if I use the reset battery status it also turns Green.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think the CM15A is faulty. I'll carefully examine the battery contacts when I get home. If everything checks out I'll try installing 3.318 on my laptop and see if it makes a difference.

apica

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 12:36:20 PM »

Still no luck  :( Does it make any difference if the batteries are inserted into the CM15A before or after the interface is plugged in?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »

I don't know if it would make a difference.
I only tried it unplugged and inserted the batteries and then I plugged it in.

apica

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »

I don't know if it would make a difference.
I only tried it unplugged and inserted the batteries and then I plugged it in.
Tried it both ways, still no luck.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 10:09:38 PM »

It's DEAD!!!  Good luck finding a new one, X10 doesn't have any and most e-Bay sellers are out of them as do most retail X10 seller.  I got a spare from Automatic Electric in Noevember for $88.00 and that one was the last one they had.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 06:02:17 AM »

It does sound like it has a problem.
As Dan said it is either Out Of Stock if you believe X10's Facebook statements or Discontinued if you believe dealers.

If you try testing and see if the batteries do keep things safe in memory and only the sensing circuit is bad. You maybe able to still use it.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 07:10:24 AM »

It does sound like it has a problem.
As Dan said it is either Out Of Stock if you believe X10's Facebook statements or Discontinued if you believe dealers.

If you try testing and see if the batteries do keep things safe in memory and only the sensing circuit is bad. You maybe able to still use it.

If it is out of warranty, and you feel adventurous enough, you might try opening it up, and looking to see if one of the wires to the battery contacts came off.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.