Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: airSight and recording  (Read 9366 times)

hjr007

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
airSight and recording
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »

has anyone got yhis working.

I have tried but no luck.
When I did a an IP Camera tool and look at about camera tool it says
vlc media player version can not find.  So I donloaded it and installed same but still smae message.
I know that when there is motion out side I get a pop menu to when the date should be recorded to but not data shows up.

Same goes for when you take a snapshot when can I find the picture?

I have tried to call the tecs but there is not answer.  If somecan help it would be appreciated.  If/.when I find out I will post..

adamjl

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: airSight and recording
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »

Use the IP camera tool to get the cameras IP, then type that into Internet Explorer, example

http://192.168.0.105:80

From there you should get a splash screen asking for your browser type, I think Internet Explorer offers the most options, so I reccomend starting there then working up from there if you want.

For recording, you will need to add the camera to the trusted sites list, in IE open Tools then Internet Settings. On the Security tab, select trusted sites in the box, then click sites, uncheck the box about HTTPS if its checked and click add.

From there depending on you Windows operating system, the recordings will be stored in
XP : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents
Vista or Win7 : C:\Users\Public\Documents (or something close to that)

Snapshots I dont know, mine always just open in a new IE window, should be in the same area, maybe pictures folder, if your using a diffrent method that auto saves the files.

hjr007

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 03:31:30 PM »

I did add it as a trusted site 192.168.0.110

I have the motion sensor set on and the and each time there is a movement a window opens up (c:\user\public\documents but I do not get a files.  What should the file extention be.
This area stay empty.  Each time there is a overment it opens a new window but never writes any files. What am I doing wrong?
I am running windows 7 and IE so I trying to use all the functions.  Thanks in advance

hjr007

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:16:14 PM »

So I have spent some time on the phone with the X10 folks but my problem has not been resolved.

X10 is telling me it is an issue with ACVTIVEX and recording thru IE9
I can get the camera to take snapshot, speakers on/off. mike on/off but when I gry to record it goes on but i cannot stop it
When I try and change the path name it says I Cannot.  (Iam logged in as administrator)

I have uninstalled the camera software, removed IE9, ACTIVEx

reloaded them all again but still cannot get it to record with IE8 or ie9
I expect it is going to be something stupid and we are all over looking something

\BTW Iam running windows 7 64 bit 4igs of memory and tons of disk space.

Can anyone help??

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.