Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Active home pro not working with cell phone  (Read 13221 times)

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active home pro not working with cell phone
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:06:30 PM »

First I appologize in advance if this has already been discussed or if my terminology is wrong.

I have searched for this issue with no luck, if it has been discussed and you could post a link I would appreciate it.

I recently upgraded from an old serial port active home link to a usb and at the time purchased active home pro so I could control x10 from my phone.  After several tries I was able to get everything working and a few hours later I went to control using my phone and got an error code 500 server not found.  I re-invited myself and was able to use again for a few hours and then the same thing happened.  I have tried this numerous times but it seams after a few hours the link I have no longer works.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks

Dave

Re: Active home pro not working with cell phone
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »

After playing with this some more it would seem as if the problem is with active home professional as it appears to stop working then if I close and reopen it works again and once I do that the link on my cell for active home pro also works.

Again thanks for any help

Dave

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 08:12:09 PM »

What revision of AHP are you running?
Is the interface you are using the CM15A or the CM19A with TM751 combination?

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 08:17:07 PM »

ordered the cm15a but received and am using the cm19a

also received the tm751 but it was defective and is on its way back to be replaced   (a 3 week journey I am told by cust svc)

In the meantime I am using my old interface RR501

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 08:17:53 PM »

Sorry version of AHP is 3.318

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »

Thanks for the update on software version and the CK15 kit {CM19A with TM751} and not the CM15A hardware.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »

First I appologize in advance if this has already been discussed or if my terminology is wrong.

I have searched for this issue with no luck, if it has been discussed and you could post a link I would appreciate it.

I recently upgraded from an old serial port active home link to a usb and at the time purchased active home pro so I could control x10 from my phone.  After several tries I was able to get everything working and a few hours later I went to control using my phone and got an error code 500 server not found.  I re-invited myself and was able to use again for a few hours and then the same thing happened.  I have tried this numerous times but it seams after a few hours the link I have no longer works.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks

you need to setup portforwarding on your router so that is stops using x10's server.  then in the browser on your phone the address would look like xxx.xxx.x.x:portnumber/activephone.  I found that I personally didnt line active phone very much and switched to mellowares x10commander ot os far superior to activephone and far easier to setup.  look in the third party section and you will find it. 

Cheers KEnrad

IPS

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 09:05:32 AM »

Kenard, I agree with you about X10 commander. It even works when AHP goes down. I wish it would also work with 3G and not just WiFi.

I have the same problem. I use CM15A with XP sp3. My problem starts when a macro is triggered by a motion sensor, it sends multiple pictures and emails. And that is when AHP stops and so does AHP activePhone, both on wifi and 3G. May be X10 should learn from X10 commander and redo the software.

IPS

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »

also received the tm751 but it was defective and is on its way back to be replaced...
In the meantime I am using my old interface RR501
I recommend keeping the rr501 in place, and leaving the replacement TM751 in the box (when it comes).
The RR501 is a much better unit.

kenrad

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 07:50:17 PM »

Kenard, I agree with you about X10 commander. It even works when AHP goes down. I wish it would also work with 3G and not just WiFi.

I have the same problem. I use CM15A with XP sp3. My problem starts when a macro is triggered by a motion sensor, it sends multiple pictures and emails. And that is when AHP stops and so does AHP activePhone, both on wifi and 3G. May be X10 should learn from X10 commander and redo the software.

IPS

IPS take a look at your settings and port forwarding setup for x10commander.  I run mine on an android device (actually many android devices) and I can use it with wifi and 3g  not sure about the Iphone setup tho.

>!kenrad

IPS

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 10:26:50 AM »

Kenard

I'll try it latter and will post my findings.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you all.

landolfi

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 08:32:14 PM »

Hi all,

I had ActivePhone Pro working fine, but today the only way I can turn modules on or off is

1) Use AHP on the PC it is on
2) enter the IP address and port number on the same PC running AHP

The weird thing is, I can't turn modules on or off but I can dim them from the phone.  Also, if I put the IP of the AHP PC into a browser of another device on my network, I get "500 Unregistered software".  ActiveHome Pro 3.318 shows ActivePhone as unregistered when I first go into About, but if I click on ActivePhone Pro it eventually shows as registered.  Is this making a connection to a server that is failing today for some reason?  Any other ideas what is happening? 

IPS

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 12:52:07 PM »

Hi Landolfi

AHP must be working on a PC or the Active Phone will not work and you'll get the messages you are getting. Why you can dim lights when you can not turn them off? I have no idea because I never had that experience.

Happy new Year.

kenrad

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 02:56:45 PM »

Active phone relies on a x10 server to relay the signal unless you have it setup with portforwarding in your network and even then I have found x10 mobile apps unstable.  it you are looking for reliable control for your phone look in to mellowares x10 commander there is an app for Iphone and android.  YOu can find info on it here in the third party apps section.  I have been using it for years and never missed a beat. 

>! ken

landolfi

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »

AHP must be working on a PC or the Active Phone will not work and you'll get the messages you are getting. Why you can dim lights when you can not turn them off? I have no idea because I never had that experience.

Yes, latest version of AHP has been running at all times that this problem occurred.  What I eventually discovered was that I have to select 2 devices and then it works with on/off.  So I set up a dummy device and make sure that's selected when I just want to control one.  It occasionally works with one device only selected, but not consistently.  Problem occurs on Nokia phone and iPod Touch.  Standard web browser from the internet works consistently with all commands, no need to select second device.

Contrary to writeup on X10.com, there are various problems with the app on Nokia N8 browser, particularly an inability to scroll when all devices are listed.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.