Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How are you using Bluewatch  (Read 4978 times)

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
How are you using Bluewatch
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:38:29 AM »

I know a lot of us out there are Using Tuicemens Software in out set ups and Im just wouldering how many are using bluewatch for occupancy or other uses.  In the beta testing of the new bluewatches both versions I found far more uses then I would have ever thought of and I'm hoping users will share their ideas here to help everyone expand these programs

kenrad

Re: How are you using Bluewatch
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:52:27 AM »

I currently have bluewatch both versions installed on 5 pc's that run my HA system.  I switched from the bluetooth version to the WIFI version for my occupancy sensing because of range issues.  and almost stopped using the bluetooth version all together until i realized that the short range could be a benefit.  I started by wrapping some of the dongles with cardboard and aluminum foil to reduce the range even further on many of my client pc's in doing this I was able to create a better then motion activated lighting system.  everyone in my house has a bluetooth enabled cell phone so when signal is detected it will turn on the lights in that area of the house. This work well for me as my home is over 5000sqft that makes it impossible to track down all of the devices and lights that the kids leave on   rofl  I also started looking at the wifi abilities and found that if I entered triggers for my wireless network media players I could control scene lighting when the movie players are turned on.  awesome addition to home theaters.  I have also implemented some simple triggers x10 controls my garage doors and now when there are no known devices seen it turns off the appliace modules connected to the openers as a little added security.   and I added a 300lbs electric magnet controlled by a univeral module to the liquor cabinet to keep the 15 yr old out of it when we are not home. 

Last but not least, my mom is my baby sitter and she is disabled with severe difficulties walking.  I have bluewatch look for her signal and when it is seen it will sound a voice announcement that she is here, in case she need help getting in and it also open the automatic door opener to allow her easier access while entering the house.   

and lastly if we are going to be gone it monitors the kids coming and going with email alerts sent to my phone.   

>!  ken 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:13:29 AM »

Currently I don't use the Bluetooth version however I was to monitor which PCs were on.
I can now do this with the wifi version.
The cool thing with either version since the option to trip a PCC usercommand was added I can uitilized the awesome power of PCC.
Of coarse X10Relayer is needed running to pass the info to PCC .
BlueWatch can be run on any or all PCs.
With the new (currently intesting USBuirt add) I can now turn on any device as soon as BlueWatch sees me.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 12:16:14 PM »

I recieve an email today asking if BlueWatch could do this:
http://www.mysmarthomeblog.com/page--11.html
 rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

kenrad

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 01:17:21 PM »

I recieve an email today asking if BlueWatch could do this:
http://www.mysmarthomeblog.com/page--11.html
 rofl

It definately can I already do that and more.  It recognizes my moms wifi signal and even operates the automatic door opener as well   rofl

>! ken

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:41:29 PM »

I recently fired up both versions together as they will run at the same time now.
After all the new Christmas toys were running I was amazed at what these saw.
I guess if I had taken the time to read all the fine print I would have known in advance what to expect! rofl
 ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.