Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Lamps come on one at a time instead of together at the same time  (Read 17492 times)

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Lamps come on one at a time instead of together at the same time
« on: December 22, 2011, 06:15:43 PM »

I have a macro that I run that used to turn my living room lamps on at the same time. but since the update to AHP, they now turn on one at a time, i.e. one than the other. I 've reverted back to version 3.306 but still the same thing. Does anyone remember what version allows for this?
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Lamps come on one at a time instead of together at the same time
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »

Are they all on a different X10 Address?

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »

no. I didnt change anything. the only thing that changed was I had to reinstall ahp and and got the updated version. and now they come on  one at a time. it really messes up my theater lights dimming effect. it's not as impressive when it's one then the other and not at the same time.  :'(
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »

I'm thinking one is softstart the other the old non softstart.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 08:25:34 PM »

Are they on the same HouseCode/UnitCode, or on separate ones?
What does the Activity Log show for that macro when it runs?

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »

THing is it worked before the update.  my activity log says: transmit b2(left lamp) b off, transmit b1(right lamp) b off

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »

My guess is the old version was one before soft start and the new version is 3.318 and the ahx file is from the old version.   The only way all 3 lamps would come on all at the same time is if all are on the same house and unit code.   s0urc3f0ur needs to use the Lamps and Older Lamps (no SoftStart) for each type of modules he has and resave his .ahx files.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »

I just changed them to older lamps and I still get  the same effect

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 09:21:58 PM »

Dan, I'm using a smart macro for this called living room on.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 11:31:36 PM »

1. How are the lamps defined in AHP (are they all defined as "Lamps," "Old Lamps (no SoftStart)", or "Appliances")?
2. Unless you need to be able to control them separately, it is better to put them on the same HouseCode/Unitcode. If you do need to control them separately, however, you'll need to keep them on their own UnitCodes, though. In any case, make sure they are on the same HouseCode, at least.
3. In a macro, units of the same type being sent commands one after another (with no delays in between) get grouped together.
For example, it SHOULD send "B2, B1, B off". In that case, B2 and B1 "wake up" and listen for the next order, which they both react to at the same time.
However, it seems like in your case AHP either has delays between the actions in the macro, or the modules aren't all defined as the same type in AHP. (It is very much NOT recommended to mix module types (SoftStart, Non-SoftStart, Appliances) on the same HouseCode/UnitCode combinations).
So, it is sending something like this instead: "B2, B Off, B1, B Off). In this case, only B2 "wakes up" before the first "B Off," and B1 doesn't turn off until the second one.

So, check your module definitions, and check your macros again. The answer might be in there somewhere.
Also, empty the trash in AHP. Stuff in there has been known in the past to cause some issues.

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 01:05:47 AM »

as of now the lamps are defined as old lamps no soft start. I do need to control them seperatly. like I said this worked before the update. I had to re-install AHP(it wouldnt open) and now it doesnt, even reverting to an older version(3.306) doesnt fix it. I did empty the trash and still nothing. The only thing I  can think of is that the file is corrupt, it actually doesnt register in my un install programs list. The name is there but no icon and when i click on it to unistall it says that it may have already been removed and asks me to delete it from the list. I had to delete the file folder to remove it before I reinstalled.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 06:40:00 AM »

as of now the lamps are defined as old lamps no soft start. I do need to control them seperatly. like I said this worked before the update. I had to re-install AHP(it wouldnt open) and now it doesnt, even reverting to an older version(3.306) doesnt fix it. I did empty the trash and still nothing. The only thing I  can think of is that the file is corrupt, it actually doesnt register in my un install programs list. The name is there but no icon and when i click on it to unistall it says that it may have already been removed and asks me to delete it from the list. I had to delete the file folder to remove it before I reinstalled.
It is possible your AHX file is corrupt.
You can try creating a new AHX file, and seeing if that helps.
In the macro, make sure there are no delays between the two commands.
If both units are SoftStart, then it is better to define them both as SoftStart modules.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 06:43:02 AM »

Sounds like you may have to re-write the macro.  Don't worry, it can be done in the manner you wish.  Simply call all the addresses BEFORE you send an action command.  Look over in the right pane in the macro designer pane for the calls.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »

Sounds like you may have to re-write the macro.  Don't worry, it can be done in the manner you wish.  Simply call all the addresses BEFORE you send an action command.  Look over in the right pane in the macro designer pane for the calls.
You have to use the "advanced" sction to find the individual commands, as opposed to using the "modules" in the macro.

Also, if your lamp modules are SoftStart, I highly recommend using the Extended Commands for them.

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »

Not sure what you mean by calling all the addresses before I send an action. But I did re-write the macro and I sitll get the same result. I just don't get why it worked fine before the update and now it does not.. Maybe someone could test this on their end and see if it works for them? it's a simple on macro: trigger B6 on, Macro: right lamp B1 , left lamp B2 both are set to absolute on.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.