Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active home pro stopped controlling  (Read 2660 times)

dlongnecker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active home pro stopped controlling
« on: December 24, 2011, 01:01:40 AM »

I have active home pro 3.318 on a windows 7 pc.  Everything was working fine, but just stopped working last month.  Timers won't turn on lights.  I can't even use the software to turn on lights.  When I turn on the console, it says it is sending the codes, but nothing happens.   I believe it is a cm11a plugged into the pc via a USB connection.

If I use my powerhouse remote, I can turn on each of the lights individually.  I have button one tied to a macro to turn on all the lights, but that doesn't work.

Since the power house is sending the signals the the cm11a and it can turn on the lights, I am happy it can communicate.   Is it something with the driver from the pc the the cm11a that is working partial?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Active home pro stopped controlling
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:12:54 AM »

The CM11A does not have an RF receiver in it for a remote to work and it is a serial port type.
Do you have another transceiver doing the remotes signals?
Do you have a USB to Serial Port converter?
You may want to double check that you don't have the CM15A that is a USB interface and can also transceive RF signals.

dlongnecker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Active home pro stopped controlling
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 07:19:31 AM »

I was reading some of the comments on the recent ahp release and someone else had the same problem as me.  The suggest or comment was that the modules did not support SoftStart and to edit them to old modules.    I did that, and everything is working great!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.