Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sensor / App Issue  (Read 7047 times)

CPickler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Sensor / App Issue
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:39:48 PM »

Thanks for all your help guys, but now I have come across another issue.

The sensor for my Garage door is only working when I sync it and then maybe 5% after that.  It has no problem syncing when I press test.

I have the sensor attached near the top side of my garage door with the sensors effectively one on top of the other (90 degree turn with arrows).

The problem is the AHP software almost never detects the sensor changes.  I can open my garage door with the mobile app and the AHP software, but since the sensor is not changing states the app never has the correct door state on it.  Sometimes it will update after 20-30 minutes.

CPickler

Re: Sensor / App Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »

I don't know if it matters, but the green light in AHP next to the sensor is sometimes lit.

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »

Hi CPickler,

Are you using the the CM15a or the CM19a interface at the AHP computer?
What is the distance from your DS10a (garage door switch) and the above interface?

It is possible that the CM15a or CM19a is to far from the DS10a and not sensing the change. 

When you installed/setup the DS10a in ActiveHome, did it recognize it right away?

Cheers,
Nate

CPickler

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:56:15 PM »

Cm19a, I am 99% sure.

The distance is about 20 feet. The sensor and the cm19a are both in the garage. It is unlikely that the sensor is too far away as there is line of sight between the two.

When I put it in the software when I clicked the install text on the icon I was able to get it installed by pressing the test button maybe twice.

But it comes back up sometimes with install (usually after I mess with the settings) and sometimes it picks it up immediately other times it might take one or two additional presses.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.