Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyGarage Install Questions  (Read 7940 times)

CPickler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MyGarage Install Questions
« on: December 16, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »

I tried looking up these answers before posting, but found questions, and not answers.  Also, I apologize for the simplicity of these questions, but I could not find instructions anywhere expect for some settings.

I just purchased the mygarage with opener kit.  I have the UM506, DS10A, TM751, and the transceiver for my PC.  I have just a plain glowing switch on my wall (no display) but the switch's wires are all nicely run in the wall and there is no accessible power near the switch.  However on the ceiling of the garage near my opener I can get easy access to the wires for the garage door opener.

Can I install the UM506 on the wires as they are coming out of the opener instead of at the switch?  I have a Lift-Master 1/3HP opener model 1000sdr, but there are three wires connected on the side of the garage door opener, and I am not sure which of the three wires needs to be connected to which pole on the UM506.  The poles on the opener are labeled left to right 1,2,3 with in red, white, black backgrounds respectively.

Also, since I am trying to use it with the mobile app, I am assuming that the UM506 needs to be plugged into the plug on the bottom of the TM751, right?

Since I am asking about everything else, I might as well ask where is the best place on the garage door to attach the magnet and sensor where they don't interfere with the correct operation of the door yet give the easiest connection?

Sorry for all the questions, but thank you for the help.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: MyGarage Install Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 07:59:48 PM »

The openers users manual shows terminal 1 and 2 are the control button. Terminal 2 and 3 are the safety sensors.
So I would think 1 and 2 are what you need. You may see two wires on 2 as it is common for both control button and safety sensors.
I did notice the wiring was marked for proper connection between the button and the opener. I am not sure if it was so the button would light {if it has an LED} or the optional multifunction panel would work right. If the UM506 causes any unexpected thing with a simple closure. Let us know.
http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerweb/pdfdocs/A2094M.PDF

Not sure if you have found the wiki information on the My Garage add on program for AHP.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/MyGarage
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:18:19 AM by Brian H »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »

Also, since I am trying to use it with the mobile app, I am assuming that the UM506 needs to be plugged into the plug on the bottom of the TM751, right?

Nope.
The TM751 is used to get RF signals from the PC or other RF remotes into the powerline.
The outlet on the bottom is a switched outlet, that can be activated using an RF command on UnitCode1 of whatever HouseCode you have it set to.

CPickler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 05:59:52 PM »

Got the system installed and working for my garage door, but now have another problem.  I'm going to start a new thread for it though.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.