Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 AirPad Android Tablet AC Adapter  (Read 2841 times)

locomotiveengineer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 AirPad Android Tablet AC Adapter
« on: December 30, 2011, 11:33:12 PM »

I have purchased an Airpad 7 a couple of weeks ago.  I need a new AC Adapter.
Somehow the kids got between the tablet and the wall and bent the small male piece that fits into the Airpad.  I went to Radio Shack, Best Buy, WalMart, and Target as well as contacted X10 Customer support and was told to go to an electronics store.
Well, the electronic stores don't carry the proper size male adapter.  Does anyone know where you can acquire one??  Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  Le Roy

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: X10 AirPad Android Tablet AC Adapter
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »

Take your charger to the Verizon store and see if you can find one with same specs and connector polarity. If 12V you might be able to use a Motorola Xoom charger, it uses a very small coaxial connector.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

frantic1049

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »

I had a similar charger issue with my original Airpad 7. I found one online that matched the specs & came straight from China. I figured since that's where the original one came from, and it looked the same, it was probably the same one. I ordered 2, they were cheap & waited patiently. In the mean time I charged it through the mini usb. It took a long time, but if I watched my usage and connected to a computer overnight it was ok. Unfortunately one day the battery discharged completely & it wouldn't boot back up. I contacet >*<d X10 & was told to send it back (at my expense) but they popped a new motherboard in it and I had it back in just a few days. While waiting for it to be returned to me, my chargers arrived from China. The voltage was correct and the ends fit as well as the original charger. Sadly they each only lasted a few days & then just died. I actually heard one of them make a popping sound. So I have the AP back, it works better than it did when I first got it, but no charger.

I was told at Best Buy that I could only get a new charger from the manufacturer. Radio Shack had 2 different universal charging systems that would work but ran $40-$45. That seemed a lot to pay for a tablet that has dropped in price twice since mine was ordered. If anyone can find a charger that is affordable & lasts more than a couple of days, please share that information. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:38:09 PM by frantic1049 »

EProie

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:28:03 AM »

frantic1049

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »

The OD for that adapter is 3.5 mm which sounds too big. I can't find where I wrote down the measurement but I believe it was more like 2.5 mm. I will check to see if they have one that is that size

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.