Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need Help what my SR227 Problem!!!  (Read 3654 times)

g5star

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need Help what my SR227 Problem!!!
« on: December 21, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »

Hey, there guys. I have been using my X10 setup for about 20 years and have had this problem for a very long time. I thought you might be able to help solve it for me. I have a SR227 Wall Outlet Receptacle in the mantle of my fireplace, for my Xmas lighted stuff or a basket of lights. When I push the on button, on my remote (HR12A), it clicks multiple time and then it is a gamble to catch it to stay on, this goes on for awhile. When I get it to stay on, all is fine until I go to turn it off. Nothing works for me to turn it off, the remote or Active Home Pro. It clicks rapidly twice or even 3 times (for 1 off button push) but will not turn off. I even have the RR501 transceiver module on the same wire as the Sr227. Eveything else in the same room works perfectly.  Light switches, 2 modules and I even have the fireplace on a UM506 universal module that is plugged into the Sr227, on the liveside of the outlet. Now you know my problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Need Help what my SR227 Problem!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »

If it is 20 years old.
It maybe just plain worn out or the grease on the ratchet is gummy.

If you have no load on the switched outlet. Does it still ratchet?

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »

I had an appliance module with similar problems.  I replaced it (and after disassembly) found a component that had evidence of arcing and was essentially fried.  I suggest a replacement of the SR227 while you can still buy one.
I never smelled any smoke......

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »

There's a ratchet in a Sr227?   I have one in my Living Room that's been there for 15 or more  years.  The control outlet is in use and controls 2 wall lamps, the bottom outlet (not X10 controlled) handles regular electric use.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 06:06:40 AM »

Dan; I am not surprised on your long living SR227. They where built well in those days.
The newer ones seem to have more fragile parts in them and are known to have an plastic actuator break.  ???

g5star

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 01:30:57 AM »

If I have a load or not it responds the same. Like I said the bottom part of the SR227 works great  but the switching side is the one with the problem. I don't know about any grease in them. I don't think there is any, at least what I know about these SR227 outlets.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »

What's wrong with taking a peek inside?  After all, there is no warranty involved.  Let us know what you see.....

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 08:48:43 PM »

Now you know my problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Here ya go Boomer.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=18964.0
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

g5star

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 01:08:42 AM »

Thanks Dave w. That forums links was the info that I needed. You are the best. I did take apart the sr227 and found out the one of the little clear plastic parts was broken. The click in was the relay doing its work but nothing there to throw the switch. Well, now I am of to buy a new SR227. Thanks for all your help guys..

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »

Thanks Dave w. That forums links was the info that I needed. You are the best. I did take apart the sr227 and found out the one of the little clear plastic parts was broken. The click in was the relay doing its work but nothing there to throw the switch. Well, now I am of to buy a new SR227. Thanks for all your help guys..

Can the  broken part be epoxied back together?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.