Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airpad 7p vs Kindle Fire  (Read 4495 times)

jcforbes

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airpad 7p vs Kindle Fire
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »

My wife's friends, hell even her mother, all got a Fire for Christmas. She has been using her mothers for a few days and likes it a lot. She's begging me for one, but as a long time X10 user and fan I'm considering an Airpad. On paper the only specs that differ that I care about is screen res. the Airpad HDMI might be useful from time to time, but not enough for me to care about living without. As far as I'm concerned they are the same price, I can buy a Fire at Best Buy and save shipping costs. Partially leaning towards the fire for the better resolution, accessory market, and as a long time X10 user I know that the product quality is always passable but if there's a problem I'd rather be dealing with a big high profile company with a better reputation. Oh, and the single rear speaker is a bit of a turn off too.

Has anybody compared them side by side or at least used both?

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Airpad 7p vs Kindle Fire
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 10:27:52 PM »

I have the original 7" AirPad and have really enjoyed it. Fire has some nice feactures such as free cloud storage but only for thier media (read the fine print). 

Best advise is to wait a month or two if possible as these things are going to get better and less expensive soon.

http://www.androidauthority.com/sub-100-android-4-0-tablet-comes-alive-37454/

cpuwiz55

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 02:08:25 AM »

Haven't used the 7", but a buddy and I have the 10" AirpadX. My two cents... Get the Kindle Fire or another 7" tablet. I like my AirpadX fine but- unless you want to be constantly playing service tech I'd get another brand!
I have checked out the Acer Iconia A100 and it is FAST in comparison, with GPS, Bluetooth, etc. !! My biggest beef with the AirpadX is the Amazon market instead of the Android market. Still can't get Netflix to work on mine!! The AirpadX is a Chinese MID with X10's name on it. So the support for upcoming OS changes will be nil or slow to say the least. IMHO You do get what you pay for sadly... And the AirpadX is great for the price, but a little more gets you a LOT more!!

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 07:49:26 AM »

The Kindle Fire is dual core, has one year warranty and has much more promising life expectancy from a support point of view because Amazon has shipped zillions.  Zillions means Amazon has the obligation/motivation to do upgrades and Zillons draws the interest of potential hackers to put their own enhancements.  Finally, I was told long ago to listen and get what the wife wants otherwise you'll  get constant grief for all the things wrong with the Airpad (should they go wrong or not measure up)
My wife's friends, hell even her mother, all got a Fire for Christmas. She has been using her mothers for a few days and likes it a lot. She's begging me for one,
Has anybody compared them side by side or at least used both?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:55:19 AM by pseeker »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.