Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cross post:AirSight (or another recommended brand) help - iPhone capabilities  (Read 4346 times)

Cathie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi! I am looking for wireless cameras to use as a monitoring system for my dog building. I want to have the following features:

2 way audio - very important as I use this to speak to the dogs (settles them very nicely if someone is fussing)
pan/tilt/zoom - P & T important, zoom would be useful - high quality (optical/digital) not critical
remote access via iPhone (or iPad) - very important as this will be my main monitor - could set up a netbook or PC in the house to use as a monitor, but as I always have my iPhone in my pocket wherever I go, this would be the main way to check in on the dogs.

I had a quick conversation with tech support to ask a question - am now just making sure the information is correct: am I able to use my iPhone to use the 2 way audio?? The answer was yes, but this is such an important feature to me, I just need to make sure!!! Has anyone used the AirSight (or similar camera) in this way? 

Will I have issue using the same wireless network as the camera is connected to (thought I read somewhere that sometimes this is an issue - I will be outside with some dogs - still in range of my network - and be able to monitor the others)?

I am open to other brands (I see it mentioned that the AirSight is a Foscam clone?), so hit me with your recommendation - price is a large consideration right now!!

How is the quality of the built in speaker on the camera? I could add an external speaker, but would prefer not to!

Thank you in advance! I hope this isn't a duplicate post of some sort! I looked around first and didn't see this issue addressed!!4

Cathie

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3

I have been working with the foscam stuff and I find it very nice but I haven't tried the speakers yet.  they do have pan and tilt but no zoom.  I can see them from my android devices on or off of my LAN.  Hope this helps you.  I was currently using x10 cam stuff and the video quality is very poor thats why I started to go with foscam

>!

IPS

I agree with kenrad 100% +

Go for it. you might save some $$.

http://foscam.us/

IPS

Cathie

Thanks for the feedback! I just ordered from Foscam! There was even free shipping and comes from within Canada, so no duty! Yay! Wish me luck with setup! Oh, and also found out that the Live Cam Pro app will work on my iPhone/iPad for 2 way audio!!

Cathie

IPS

If you had ordered from Foscam.us, you would have saved more. No PST and price is lower too. Free shipping of course is included. May be next time.

IPS

Cathie

If you had ordered from Foscam.us, you would have saved more. No PST and price is lower too. Free shipping of course is included. May be next time.

IPS

I did.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.