Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where do I get the SDK?  (Read 6733 times)

eagene

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Where do I get the SDK?
« on: January 03, 2012, 04:45:09 PM »

We bought ActiveHome Pro and have been using it on an ancient PC for a while. It's in a detached garage so I need to remote desktop into that PC to use the program. I would love to use the SDK to be able to write simple scripts to send all lights on / all lights off and invoke them from a simple web interface. I'm a s/w developer - not a Windows developer, but I could probably figure out what I needed to get done.

Where do I get the SDK? Do I need to buy it separately? I have ActiveHome Pro 3.236.

I don't remember any options for an SDK back when we bought it, but it was a long time ago, at least a couple of years.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

ETA: From further reading, it doesn't look like this will work. This is a win 2000 machine (yeah, ancient, which is why it lives in the garage). I don't think I'll be able to get a compatible SDK, will I?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:51:36 PM by eagene »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Where do I get the SDK?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 05:57:22 PM »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 10:22:56 PM »

I think if you install the current SDK, you'll need to upgrade AHP to a newer version.
I you go beyond 3.312, you may need to make adjustments for any non-SoftStart modules you might have.

eagene

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »

I don't know if I can upgrade on a win2k machine. None of the current versions are listed to work on that. Well, I can try and see what happens - thanks.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 02:51:02 PM »

I don't know if I can upgrade on a win2k machine. None of the current versions are listed to work on that. Well, I can try and see what happens - thanks.
I haven't tested AHP on Windows 2000.
However, if you are using 3.236, I'd venture to guess that 3.318 should work fine, too.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.