Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong  (Read 7943 times)

gbsean

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What am I doing wrong
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:46:07 AM »

Airsight Camera set up wireless. works fine when I am on the network using wireless router can access on laptop and mobile phone. I want to view it when I am at work. Have set up port forwarding on router according to instructions. Is there some software I need to install on network or on remote CPU to access the camera from anywhere.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: What am I doing wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:12:07 PM »

Assuming that when it works with your laptop and your mobile phone, they are all connected directly to your home network.  True?  So, you don't know if you can access the camera from places other than at your employer?

Sometimes companies have firewalls that are VERY locked down, and if that is true for your employer, you might never be able to access it from a computer at work.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:14:23 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

gbsean

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »

there is no firewall for me I can surf to my heart delight...do I have to install ipcamclient on my work computer...

heckufaguy

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »

Are you sure you know your home IP? It will not be the same as the one while at home on your network.
www.mywhatsmyip.org while at home will tell you the address you need to enter from work.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:50:42 PM »

I would be leaning towards the issues surrounding dynamic versus static external Ip address.  Most internet providers send a dynamic Ip which changes every time the computer access the internet.  you may have to look into one of the services that allow for setting a static Ip address.  also the post that the camera is on needs to be setup in the portforwarding for your router. 

>! Ken

gbsean

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 08:44:13 AM »

I got it working this morning using a DDNS ...

gbsean

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »

now if I can only get it to work wireless....oh well one step at a time

parksd2

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »

Hi I am experiencing the same problems with my cam and COX cable.  I have tried to set up the DDNS as the manual states and it does not work...I have the wireless working and can view with my devices while in the house but cannot get it when away from my router.  Please advise.

Thanks

dougembrey

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 12:00:56 AM »

My wife and I are newbies with our new wireless a34 cams are at the same point you are. They work here while wired with the ethernet cord to our wireless router and the camera works. We are at the point to remove the cord and be wireless. Additionally we are puzzled as to how to get the p/t to work. There are no instructions as to how the pan tilt is set for a pattern. The box divided into 1-15 squares and one X has no instructions in the manual or on the online manual. Once we set the pattern of horizontal pan we will then attempt to go wireless and in mid-march remotely monitor our cam. We too have Cox and anticipate a DDNS problem. We will be following the replies to your problem. I did read that you can get a service that will give one a static ip and others suggest contacting cox for a static ip.
Do you know how we could set the travel pattern on our horiz pan?
Thank you  Doug in Tulsa

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »

Hi I am experiencing the same problems with my cam and COX cable.  I have tried to set up the DDNS as the manual states and it does not work...I have the wireless working and can view with my devices while in the house but cannot get it when away from my router.  Please advise.

Thanks

You will have to set up DDNS, but you must set up port forwarding first. This is done in your router and/or cable modem.  Did you do this yet? If not, do an internet search for "port forwarding" and the model of your router and you should find instructions.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 06:57:17 AM »

My wife and I are newbies with our new wireless a34 cams are at the same point you are. They work here while wired with the ethernet cord to our wireless router and the camera works. We are at the point to remove the cord and be wireless. Additionally we are puzzled as to how to get the p/t to work. There are no instructions as to how the pan tilt is set for a pattern. The box divided into 1-15 squares and one X has no instructions in the manual or on the online manual. Once we set the pattern of horizontal pan we will then attempt to go wireless and in mid-march remotely monitor our cam. We too have Cox and anticipate a DDNS problem. We will be following the replies to your problem. I did read that you can get a service that will give one a static ip and others suggest contacting cox for a static ip.
Do you know how we could set the travel pattern on our horiz pan?
Thank you  Doug in Tulsa

Doug,

I am assuming that you camera and software are not X10 products, so I cannot help you with your camera problems.

It is not required that you have a static IP from you internet service provider. They will charge you for this, and you will still need to setup port forwarding in your router.

dougembrey

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 03:34:46 AM »

Please note on line one i stated the model of the x10 camera as an A34 model. Yes it is your latest inside Airsight wireless camera and I am using X10's software. I figured out the box with the preset numbers and it will now pan horizontally, continuously. I'm going to leave my X10 exterior camera and my X10 interior camera on ethernet cords until I master the Camera's software, which is X10's software. I really like the cameras' picture quality, but the little booklet of instructions for the settings is complicated/and is bereft of common language to this old lawyer's grasp of technology. Little by little, I am gaining more knowledge, and I am struggling to figure out what it records, when and how.
Question 1: when sweeping, how does it capture potential evildoers on snapshot or video? (its capturing moving objects while at a preset view, but every minute. It has made 40, 1 minute videos in 8 hours.
Question 2: How do I cut down the number of recordings it makes about every minute? Nothing seems to be moving, unless bugs are triggering the camera to record? Can't I just have the system snap a few photos when it detects motion and reset and wait  till something realistic is triggers the camera to start again.
Question 3: Can it just take a few photos, with no video?
Thanks for your patience, I will keep praying He will open my mind to get a grasp on what may be a really good life/property saving camera.
Doug Embrey, Atty. Tulsa, USA

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »

Doug,

Sorry about the delay,

For number 3, you can take photos without video and this has the benefit of not requiring you to leave a computer on. Still images will be sent through email to a computer or smartphone. Select "other" on the left hand side of the screen then select "mail service settings". In the sender box, enter your email account that you want to send from (gmail is the easiest to configure). In the receiver 1 box, enter the email address that you want to send the picture to (it can be the same as you used above).

These instructions will only work if you are using gmail as you sender email (it does not matter what receiver email you are using):
SMTP Server:  smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 465
Transport Layer Security Protocol: TLS
Needs Authentication:  checked
SMTP User: your gmail account in this format myemail@gmail.com
SMTP Password: your gmail password

Then press the submit button.

After pressing the test button, you should get a test email sent to the account that you set up for receiver 1.

For 1 and 2, you can set the sensitivity by selecting "other" on the left hand side of the screen and then "alarm service settings". Select "motion detect armed" and change the number listed in "motion detect sensibility". Reduce this number to reduce the false alarms. If you set up the email option above, then check "Send Mail on Alarm".

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:21:53 PM by X10 Repair Depot »

turbomentor

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »

Question 2: How do I cut down the number of recordings it makes about every minute? Nothing seems to be moving, unless bugs are triggering the camera to record? Can't I just have the system snap a few photos when it detects motion and reset and wait  till something realistic is triggers the camera to start again.
I think you were asking: if the panning feature is turned on, will the motion detector still "detect" motion and trigger the alarm. Is that your question?
I just did a test with my camera. With the camera set to auto pan (patrol) the motion detector is not active.  I didn't think that it would be but I'm a tinkerer.

Question 3: Can it just take a few photos, with no video?

Under the ALARM SERVICE SETTINGS tab (under the camera controls) you have several options. You can arm the motion detect and tell the camera what to do when it detects motion. I have mine set up to record a video (I think it records for 15 seconds or so) and to also take a picture then email that picture to me. You can set the camera to also save a picture on your computer to whatever folder you want.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.