Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lamp Module  (Read 2506 times)

rfeigels

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lamp Module
« on: January 02, 2012, 07:49:24 PM »

Okay, I'm going to come off sounding like an idiot, but I just found a Lamp Module LM465 in my garage.  If I remember correctly, I think ADT gave it to me 6 years ago when we installed our alarm system.  I have no idea how this thing is supposed to work or why ADT gave it to me if I didn't have any way to control it.  Any ideas where I can go to look for more info?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Lamp Module
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »

Do you have just the module (which is a older non soft-start lamp module) or AHP and the CM15A interface?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

rfeigels

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 08:11:26 PM »

Do you have just the module (which is a older non soft-start lamp module) or AHP and the CM15A interface?

Just the module itself.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 10:27:08 PM »

Any ideas where I can go to look for more info?
ADT and X10.com.
On the ADT site, search for "X10". My guess is the ADT alarm can control a light in the house using the Lamp Module. But just when the ADT turns on the lamp is an ADT question.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »

From memory, and I'm getting old...

The ADT panel must be powered by a special power supply that will put the X10 signals onto the powerline.
The panel must be programmed to recognise that the X10 compatible power supply is installed.
The panel can then be programmed to send X10 ons and offs in response to various alarm events (setting, unsetting, alarms).

I looked into it a year or two ago, but the X10 compatible power supply was somewhere close to $80 so I didn't go much further.

The ADT panels are mostly modified Vista V15 or V20 series from Honeywell - you might find some info by looking for the programming instructions online. The main problem is that ADT probably locked you out of any programming functions.

Although some careful research may reveal the standard ADT programming code, you should probably be aware that unauthorised changes in the programming *may* report back to the monitoring system.

Good luck :)

Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.