Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight IP Camera  (Read 5662 times)

sheltiemom

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight IP Camera
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:32:09 PM »

I recently purchased the Airsight IP Camera.  It works fine when I am using from my home with the wireless router.  What do I need to do so I can access the camera images from other than my home wifi network?  I am using Windows XP.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Airsight IP Camera
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 09:40:36 AM »

First, you need to set up your home router with something called "port forwarding".  Google that term, and the name/type of your router for instructions.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

sheltiemom

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »

Ok, I did that.  Now what do I need to do?

cmtbiz

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »

I went through this setting up remote access.. bumped into that Port Forwarding and stuffs.

First you have to determine if you have a Static IP or Dynamic IP. Like for instance you have DSL, the provider will assigned new IP address constantly.
If that's the case, you have to get or register with a DDNS server.  With that, if the provided changes its IP, you always be pointed to the your home IP address for remote viewing. Check to see if your router supports that feature.

Also note that most provider blocks the Port: 80.. you might want to change that to a different port number like "8080" or something.

To access your IP Camera.. you would type in ==>   http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.