Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nighttime condition does not work <--- BUG!  (Read 17401 times)

JJtech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Nighttime condition does not work <--- BUG!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:36:58 PM »

Hi Dan,

I just downloaded it, changed the extension to ahx and it comes up fine in AHP for me.

JJ

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »

Likewise!!!
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »

JJ -
I downloaded and opened the file in AHP. I don't see anything that looks odd to me (but I'm at work, so I can't actually test it).
Both macros are set to "store in interface".
Have you been downloading them to the CM15A before testing?
Also, it looks like you have an L8 macro in the trash, that sets one of the flags. Even though it is an "L8 on," and your others are "L8 off," you might want to clear the trash and try re-downloading to the CM15A before testing again.
There have been lots of reports of strange stuff happening if you have timers or macros left in your trash.

JJtech

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »

Hey Noam,

Yes between each test I download and clear flags 13 & 14.

Cleared trash but same buggy results as before.

Did you have a chance to try it yet?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »

Hey Noam,

Yes between each test I download and clear flags 13 & 14.

Cleared trash but same buggy results as before.

Did you have a chance to try it yet?
No, sorry. It's been busy this weekend, so I doubt I'll have time until next week.

JJtech

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 10:45:21 AM »

Hey Everyone,

Is there any way to get this bug fixed?  Does X10 read these reports?  Is there any formal way of reporting this bug? 

Thanks,

JJ

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:10 PM »

Hey Everyone,

Is there any way to get this bug fixed?  Does X10 read these reports?  Is there any formal way of reporting this bug? 

Thanks,

JJ

Possibly. The developers don't seem to be spending much time on AHP these days, so I usually don't get replies for at least a few weeks when I send things to them.
I wasn't able to try testing with your file over the weekend, but I tried to duplicate "daytime" and "nighttime" conditional macros on my own, and wasn't able to reproduce your results. I was only able to test during the day, but the conditions seemed to work fine for me.

Have you tried creating a brand-new file, creating ONLY those macros, and seeing if the results are any different?

If someone else here has the time to test this, it might help us determine if there really is a bug here or not (since nobody else has been reporting issues with conditional macros in the latest versions).

JJtech

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »

Thanks Noam!

Let me know if you test my simple "L8" flag macro.

I sent it in today but it is a rarity that anyone ever gets back to me.

Dan, did you have a chance to test it?

If anyone else wants to test it, it is a very simple macro and you can download the file via:  Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 04:47:11 PM

Thanks,

JJ

JJtech

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »

Hey Everyone,

Sorry, I dropped off the face of the earth for a while.

OK, had a little time to look at this more.

Here is the problem.

I started by taking Noam’s suggestion of creating a totally new file (thanks Noam!).

I set up a simple macro using Day/Night condition that toggled two lamps depending the time of day and condition set.  Works like a champ!

Here is the hick-up!  Try adding a email notification under the advanced functions.  There lies the problem!  Now if you test the same condition as the time of day (i.e. daylight condition at 2pm), it doesn’t work!  Nighttime condition run at 2pm works fine.

Here is an interesting twist, now delete the email notification, reload the interface (CM15A) and it still doesn’t work!  Clear the interface and reload, no dice.  It’s like it lost its virginity and there is now getting it back!  You have to start off with a whole new clean file.  That makes me wonder how many other things the email notification could effect.

As a side note, I executed these macros via a mini controller.  That works differently than if you try clicking on the macro in your ActiveHome interface on your PC.

As far as why some people got the original macro that I included in my first posting to work:

-   I had an email notification in that macro earlier.  I deleted it to make it as simple as I could.
-   What I didn’t realize at the time was what I mentioned above….even if you delete the email notification, it still screws it up.
-   Consequently, others that started off fresh and input the original macro as shown on my first posting would not find the problem!

Now, can we get this fixed is the real question????

Thanks everyone!

JJ

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 10:14:34 PM »

... As a side note, I executed these macros via a mini controller.  That works differently than if you try clicking on the macro in your ActiveHome interface on your PC. ...

Clicking on the macro in AHP ignores the conditions (well, evaluates them as "true," really). In order to test the conditions, you need to use an "external" trigger, like a motion sensor, remote, mini-controller, etc.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.