Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nighttime condition does not work <--- BUG!  (Read 17400 times)

JJtech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Nighttime condition does not work <--- BUG!
« on: January 14, 2012, 07:45:58 PM »

If you use the “nighttime” condition with a “else”, you will be disappointed.  In the attached simple set of Macros, if it is nighttime, both Macros execute.

If you simply replace the “nighttime” condition with a “daytime” condition, it works as one would expect.

B:(
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 08:00:00 PM by JJtech »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Nighttime condition does not work <--- BUG!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:23:23 PM »

I'll have to try and test this over the weekend (unless someone else here has time to test it before I do).
I don't like to add bugs to the list unless I (or someone else besides the original poster) can duplicate it.

JJtech

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »

A little more insight:

It would now appear that the “daytime” condition works fine if it is night time.  When it was day time, it malfunctioned in the same manner as the “nighttime” condition.

Tomorrow during the day time, I will see if the “nighttime” condition works correctly.  I am betting it does!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:46:01 PM »

That's either a bug or somehow your house's electricity has somehow had it's polarity reversed and is 12 hours out of sinc.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »

somehow your house's electricity has somehow had it's polarity reversed and is 12 hours out of sinc.

I hate when that happens.  Reminds me of the time my DeLorean took a lightning strike, reversed the polarity of the flux capacitor and I ended up in 1885, instead of 1985, or the time I plugged the TV in backwards and the ground was in the sky.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:05:15 PM by Knightrider »
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »

or the time I plugged the TV in backwards and the ground was in the sky.
Didn't the First Edition, in 1968, cut a song about this phenomenon?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 10:07:16 PM »

or the time I plugged the TV in backwards and the ground was in the sky.
Didn't the First Edition, in 1968, cut a song about this phenomenon?

I'm not sure, my friend Ken "just dropped in", and I'll ask him, but first I'll have to find out what condition his condition is in.

The point of all this nonsense is that household polarity would hardly have effect on a 12 hour timer shift.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »

Might the time and/or timezone in AHP, as well as the ones on the PC, not be set correctly?
Do simple time-based conditions (is it before 7:00 PM, or after 7:00 PM) work?

Are you storing the macro in the interface, or running from the PC?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »

The point of all this nonsense is that household polarity would hardly have effect on a 12 hour timer shift.
I think Dan just forgot to stick the little laughy face at the end of his humor.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JJtech

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »

Might the time and/or timezone in AHP, as well as the ones on the PC, not be set correctly?
Do simple time-based conditions (is it before 7:00 PM, or after 7:00 PM) work?

Are you storing the macro in the interface, or running from the PC?
Hi Norm,

No, time and timezone are correct on both.

One test on time-based condition in and outside of specified time works OK.

Yes, AHP forces you to run it from the PC.

Have you tried it?

Thanks,

JJ

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »

No, I have not had time to test it myself.
From the screen shots you provided, it looks like you have the option to store the macro in the interface (assuming you have a CM15A).
However, depending on what steps you have it performing, that might not be an option once you add more steps to the macro.

What version of AHP are you running? There was a bug that reversed the logic of time-based conditions for macros run from the PC (but not for macros stored in the interface).
That bug was fixed in version 3.315. If your AHP is older than that, you probably have the bug.

JJtech

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »

You are correct.  Once I add the “email” it forces you to store it in the PC.

OK, I have tested it both during the night and day light hours.  It will work if it is not the “time” that the condition it is set to test.  As an example, if you test to see if it is daytime and it is, both macros will execute.  When testing that exact macro at night, it works.  The reverse is true for the nighttime condition.

It appears not to make a difference where it is stored as I have tested daytime “store in interface” and “run from PC” and it still doesn’t work.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »

Well, it makes sense that adding e-mail functions would force it to run from the PC - the CM15A can't send e-mail by itself.

3.318 should not have any bugs with time-based conditions, so we may have to dig a little deeper.

When you say that "both macros execute," are you referring to the buttons blinking in AHP,  or to the actual results you see with the steps being executed? There is a "cosmetic" bug that causes incorrect "blinks" in the AHP interface, but that isn't supposed to affect macro execution.

I just ran a test remotely on my home machine. since I cannot test with a PalmPad when I'm not there, I triggered the macro using AHCMD from the command line:
1. I created a macro O1, which sent me an e-mail, and turned on appliance module O2. That worked fine.
2. I added a condition (if Daytime), and it sent me the e-mail and turned on the appliance module.
3. I changed the condition to "if Nighttime", and it did NOT send me the e-mail or turn on the appliance module.
4. I added an "else" condition, for "if Daytime." I set the "Daytime" one to turn on the module, and the "Nighttime" one to turn it off. I also changed the text of the e-mails to indicate which macro was running. I tested it, and only the "Daytime" half executed. 

Perhaps you are doing something wrong when defining the conditions (not likely, but you never know). From your initial screen shots, everything looked okay to me.
I did notice from your original screen shots that you have one macro setting flag 13, and the other setting flag 14.
However, you I didn't see you clearing the other (unused) flag. So, after executing both macros one time, BOTH flags would be set.
If you clear both flags (using a separate macro), and verify they are both cleared (press F3 to load the Status report), and THEN test by executing the macro, do BOTH flags still get set?

Can you post new screen shots, showing the current macros?

--Noam

JJtech

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »

Hey Noam,

Definitely on “actual results you see with the steps being executed.”  The blinking problem occurs as well.

Yes, I clear and check every time to make sure both flags are off.

I will do better than that.  Attached is my AHX file.  You will see the 3 macros in the “miscellaneous” room labeled “NEW nighttime test, NEW daytime test and Clear flags 13 & 14.”  I had to change the extension to .doc.  Why don't they have AHX included in possible uploads?

Best,  JJ

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »

You have some kind of problem in the link you provided, it will not load.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.