Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not selling what is pictured.  (Read 5302 times)

heckufaguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Not selling what is pictured.
« on: January 18, 2012, 03:32:56 PM »

On your sales page for the airsight, it shows very clearly a 3.6mm lens.
However, what you ship has a 6.0 mm lens.
Your information says a 60 degree field of view. Industry standard states a 3.6mm = 72 degrees, while a 6mm lens is equal to 43 degrees.

I assumed, incorrectly, that the picture was of the product you were selling. I bought from you, and not an ebay'er because I figured I'd stand a better chance of getting what was advertised. Boy, my mistake. Meanwhile Greg on customer support has refused to acknowledge my concerns over the last 5 minutes in online chat.

This camera is mediocre at best. The fact that it's NOT what is on the webpage is unacceptable Add in the lack of "greg" responding to our chat once I voiced my discontent and I'm sure not to be an X10 customer again.

Thanks, for nuttin.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Not selling what is pictured.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »

I doubt anyone here will be able to do anything for you. This is a user forum, and X10 reps very rarely make an appearance here (and it is usually only at the request of one of the volunteer admins, to help out with a specific software issue). Unfortunately, none of the users here will be able to help you with this issue.

If you aren't having any luck with the online chat or the phone, others here have reported good results when they post on X10's FaceBook page. They seem to respond to negative comments pretty quickly (during business hours, at least). If that doesn't work, I suppose you could contact your credit card company to dispute the charges, since they sent you something different from what you ordered, and they don't seem to want to correct it.

heckufaguy

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »

Yeah, figured I'd vent here before I got a human on the phone.

Sadly, I could have gotten this camera 20% cheaper elsewhere, but thought buying from a "reputable" company would be best.

N4ST

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »

Not sure which airview camera you purchased, but if it was the outdoor model (Apexis J0233WS) you can get a 3.6mm (67°) replacement lens from Apexis-us.com for $20.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 08:58:20 PM »

Not sure which airview camera you purchased, but if it was the outdoor model (Apexis J0233WS) you can get a 3.6mm (67°) replacement lens from Apexis-us.com for $20.

Wow   :o
Thanks, N4ST!   :)%

I never heard of Apexis.  It looks like high quality IP cameras sold from the USA.
Their products look familiar...  and better than buying direct from China.   :'
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.