Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: We have now updated the AirPad 7p,with the latest Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwic  (Read 8361 times)

batman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Just received an email/ad from x10 that indicates that they are now selling the "7P" with Android 4 and Flash 10 :).

http://www.x10.com/promotions/airpad_7p_7_inch_android_tablet.html?SN

Question is will X10 provide us an update to those that recently bought a "7P"?  I bought mine 3 to 4 weeks ago.

Hope they don't tell me they will not update to the new software.  Also according to the add, they only use Amazon Appstore and don't mention the Android Market.  What a lose   :-[ of Apps downloads.  Most of the Apps I want to load are on the Android Market site and cannot load because my "7P" is not  :-[ supported.

May be fast, long battery life, and less then $150.00 but is far behind as far as it's capability.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

You may have to ask X10 Customer Service or maybe a question in their Facebook pages. As we are mostly volunteers here and X10 rarely officially answers anything here.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

Some have been able to get android marketplace working with the Airpad 7P.
I don't know if the same process (posted on my forum) will work with Android 4.0.
I'm sure someone will test this out and let us know!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

EZ-SKIPPY

Just received an email/ad from x10 that indicates that they are now selling the "7P" with Android 4 and Flash 10 :).

http://www.x10.com/promotions/airpad_7p_7_inch_android_tablet.html?SN

Question is will X10 provide us an update to those that recently bought a "7P"?  I bought mine 3 to 4 weeks ago.

Hope they don't tell me they will not update to the new software.  Also according to the add, they only use Amazon Appstore and don't mention the Android Market.  What a lose   :-[ of Apps downloads.  Most of the Apps I want to load are on the Android Market site and cannot load because my "7P" is not  :-[ supported.
May be fast, long battery life, and less then $150.00 but is far behind as far as it's capability.
I GOT MINE just a week ago????????? B:(

edited by Tuicemen to fix quote(readability)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:11:29 AM by Tuicemen »

localuser

• Helpful Post Rating: 4

I was able to root and install ics on my airpad 7p and have been running on it for a week now.   :)%

http://www.pathfindertech.net/how-to-root-the-air-pad-and-then-install-ice-cream-sandwich/

STEP 1 Download the Firmware:

STEP 2 Download and install LiveSuitPack

Guide:

Prepare the files
 1. Extract the firmware so you can see the image named “MOMO9C-4-Kevin”
 2. Install LiveSuitPack 1.07
 2. After running the exe go to the folder and run the application (LiveSuit.exe approx. 2mb)
 3. Browse to the folder where the image MOMO9C-4-Kevin
 4. The tablet should be off

Prepare the Momo9
 5. Whilst keep volume+ button pressed, plug it in via USB
 6. Keep pressing the volume+ button and also press the power button time for 10 times
 7. After several presses on the power button there will be a “sound” it connects as Windows recognises new USB hardware
 8. Windows 7 will install drivers automatically, in Windows XP you need to point windows to the directory where you extracted software
 9. When all the drivers are installed, the firmware will start to install automatically

Finishing the Installation
 10. There will be no sign of loading on the Momo9 – don’t worry
 11. On the PC, LiveSuit shows a bar graph – it takes about 2 mins to go onto the Momo9
 12. After the yellow bar on Livesuite is completed action (about 2 mins) nothing happens.
 13. You will see an exclamation mark (using Windows 7) with no text. Click OK.
 14. Then wait a few seconds. Unplug the momo9 from the USB. You will see a green battery symbol. Ignore it. Restart the tablet manually (as normal using the on/off button).
 15. After this, you will be given two options, click start using android wizard (or something similar).

Everything should be included (Market, Navigation, Maps etc) Enjoy it!

EZ-SKIPPY

how did u backup your old os, and apps ???
ez

localuser

You will lose all of your settings and apps.   If you have downloaded them from Amazon they will be there to download as long as you setup the amazon app store with the same login.

hessville

To localuser: Will everything else that was preloaded on the 7p remain?
I just updated mine to get the android market!

Thanks,
          hessville

EZ-SKIPPY

I was able to root and install ics on my airpad 7p and have been running on it for a week now.   :)%

http://www.pathfindertech.net/how-to-root-the-air-pad-and-then-install-ice-cream-sandwich/

STEP 1 Download the Firmware:

STEP 2 Download and install LiveSuitPack

Guide:

Prepare the files
 1. Extract the firmware so you can see the image named “MOMO9C-4-Kevin”
 2. Install LiveSuitPack 1.07
 2. After running the exe go to the folder and run the application (LiveSuit.exe approx. 2mb)
 3. Browse to the folder where the image MOMO9C-4-Kevin
 4. The tablet should be off

Prepare the Momo9
 5. Whilst keep volume+ button pressed, plug it in via USB
 6. Keep pressing the volume+ button and also press the power button time for 10 times
 7. After several presses on the power button there will be a “sound” it connects as Windows recognises new USB hardware
 8. Windows 7 will install drivers automatically, in Windows XP you need to point windows to the directory where you extracted software
 9. When all the drivers are installed, the firmware will start to install automatically

Finishing the Installation
 10. There will be no sign of loading on the Momo9 – don’t worry
 11. On the PC, LiveSuit shows a bar graph – it takes about 2 mins to go onto the Momo9
 12. After the yellow bar on Livesuite is completed action (about 2 mins) nothing happens.
 13. You will see an exclamation mark (using Windows 7) with no text. Click OK.
 14. Then wait a few seconds. Unplug the momo9 from the USB. You will see a green battery symbol. Ignore it. Restart the tablet manually (as normal using the on/off button).
 15. After this, you will be given two options, click start using android wizard (or something similar).

Everything should be included (Market, Navigation, Maps etc) Enjoy it!

localuser, what has been your impression of the stability of the AirPad 7P with the ICS software??????????
thanks in advance,

EZ

The previous content of this post was edited to remove ALL CAPS text, and to comply with the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette Policy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:17:56 PM by Noam »

localuser

Well, it does have its issues, such as sometimes apps just randomly close.  The gmail client seems to close more often than others.  I just select the app again and it opens right up.  Also flash doesn't seem to work.   I tend to think that it has more to do with the Android 4.0 than it does with the hardware..  When Android 4.1 or 4.2 comes out it will be more stable.   Thats a general rule with all of the previous versions of android, if it ends in 0 it is unstable.  The main reason I installed 4.0 was to get root access and google marketplace

EZ-SKIPPY

Well, it does have its issues, such as sometimes apps just randomly close.  The gmail client seems to close more often than others.  I just select the app again and it opens right up.  Also flash doesn't seem to work.   I tend to think that it has more to do with the Android 4.0 than it does with the hardware..  When Android 4.1 or 4.2 comes out it will be more stable.   Thats a general rule with all of the previous versions of android, if it ends in 0 it is unstable.  The main reason I installed 4.0 was to get root access and google marketplace

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.