Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Is AirpadX compatible with Android Market?  (Read 12409 times)

hong

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Is AirpadX compatible with Android Market?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »

I do not know the speed rating of this Kingston SDC/1GBFE 1 GB microSD Memory Card
 http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SDC-1GBFE&cat=FLM

I have not tried any other cards. 

Yes, it is strange that the device can read the card without any problem after it is booted.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 07:00:34 PM »

i do not see anywhere on Zenithink's website where they mention anything smaller than an 8GB SD card, far-fetched but may be an issue using that small a device especially if it is using it to unzip the flash files.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

hong

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 07:22:23 PM »

The size of the folder zt-update is 301MB.  The SD card still has a lot of available space.

Again, the card works perfectly once the tablet is booted.

I will definitely try to find a different and larger SD card to try.   I will report back as soon as I do it.

moore_tr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 10:24:10 PM »

Hong, is there any chance you can get another microSD card?  They're pretty inexpensive, and if you do, make sure it has a speed class rating of 6 or higher.  I would start with a card at LEAST 4GB, 8, 16 or 32GB is much better, though.  My PNY 32GB card cost about $28.00 USD, and has a speed class of 10.  The best possible.
User of X10 products for 20 years. 31 years of computer experience from mainframes down to PCs and tablets.  Current user of X10 Airpad X running ICS 4.0.3 @ 900MHz.

hong

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »

Hi moore_tr,

Actually I ordered the highest rated SD card from newegg.com immediately after I posted the previous message http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208453.
Its speed class is 6.
I will receive it on Wednesday, and report the outcome back here as soon as I try it.

hong

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 05:31:53 PM »

Hallelujah!
I got the 8GB Transcend SD card this afternoon, and it worked.  Now, ICS is on the tablet, and Android Market is working.
It is strange that the same tablet can recognize an SD card with its fiel browser, but not with its booting process.

jackronson

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 11:13:11 PM »

Did the update replace cyanogenmod? I'm thinking about doing the update in order to get the Android Market, but I don't want to loose the greatness of cyanogenmod.

hong

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 11:25:46 PM »

I am sorry for my ignorance.  I know little about Cyanogenmod, and do not know how to tell whether it is still there.

jackronson

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »

I understand. But can you tell me detailed steps on how you did the install? I've racked google for hours and all of the people on the forums know what they're doing so they only share vauge instructions, if any. I tried the steps on the zenithink website, and the update screen does nothing. How did you get ice cream sandwhich to install? My sdcard is qualified to do so, and my computer knowledge has run out of new ideas. Please help!

~Jack

hong

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »

I doubt I can provide any useful information because I simply followed the instructions on Zenithink's web site as following:
1. Download the files for 0" C91 (512MB+8GB) android4.0 20120109_2n
2. Extract the firmware which you get or download, then copy the whole "zt-update" directroy into the root directory of TF card.
3. Put the TF card into TF card slot, then press the "Camera" button at the same time to press the power-on button, then operate as per the reminders shown on the screen, the machine will be installed the firmware and then reboot.

I did not do anything beyong the above instructions of theirs.  After installation, I did some configurations such as date time, etc.

jackronson

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 03:59:46 PM »

I think the problem lies in where I'm putting the update. I put the zt-update in the root of the sdcard and the actual files are in that. Is that right? What version did you get? xxx2nxxx or xxx3nxxx?

hong

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »

I got xxx2Nxxx as indicated by my previous post (10" C91 (512MB+8GB) android4.0 20120109_2n).
I put folder zt-update in the root, and the actual files (e.g. command, zt280.kernel) are in thatfolder.

jackronson

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »

I dont understand what im doing wrong! I tried it so many times exactly the way you did and it simply does nothing. It dont touch the screen, recovery will do it" or something like that, then it says "skip recovery... " and boots normally. Any thoughts?

hong

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »

I am sorry to hear this, Jack.

Unfortunately, I am not an expert in Android.  The AirpadX is the only Android device that I have. I have had it only for two weeks or so.  I hope moore_tr, who is apparently an expert, can lend a hand to you. X10 is supposed to release their update package very soon (may be this week).  You may be able to get their support once use their updating package.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:43:11 PM by hong »

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 08:32:12 PM »

Try formatting the SD card on a PC. Do not do a quick format. I had to do this to get a SD card that was visible to the tablet to be visible during flashing.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.