Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is AirpadX compatible with Windows 7?  (Read 2410 times)

hong

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Is AirpadX compatible with Windows 7?
« on: January 26, 2012, 08:43:08 AM »

Connecting my AirpadX to a Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate via a USB cable creates two Removable Disks in Windows Explorer, but clicking them shows a message box saying "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk".

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Is AirpadX compatible with Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:18:33 AM »

Connecting my AirpadX to a Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate via a USB cable creates two Removable Disks in Windows Explorer, but clicking them shows a message box saying "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk".

Do you have a memory card inserted in the slot? I don't have an Airpad myself, but I've seen other devices with memory card slots (like my printer) add a "Removable Drive" for the card slot.

Even if I'm right, I'm still not sure what the other "Removable Drive" is, though.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »

If this is anything like the original Airpad you need to mount the USB from inside the Airpad OS.
There should be a symbol beside the home button click on it and drag down this will expose the USB option when it is connected to Windows.
one of the removeable drives you see is the internal memory the other is the memory card.
The original airpad works with win7 64 bit so I don't see why airpad X won't
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hong

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 09:48:13 AM »

Yes, it has a memory card.  

I am wondering if the two removable drives are for 1. SD card. 2. Internal memory.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 10:18:38 AM »

I am wondering if the two removable drives are for 1. SD card. 2. Internal memory.
Yep thats it! ;)
If this is anything like the original Airpad you need to mount the USB from inside the Airpad OS.
There should be a symbol beside the home button click on it and drag down this will expose the USB option when it is connected to Windows.
one of the removeable drives you see is the internal memory the other is the memory card.
The original airpad works with win7 64 bit so I don't see why airpad X won't
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hong

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 11:59:56 AM »

Thank you, Tueciemen!

I am sorry but somehow I missed your post regarding "need to mount the USB from inside the Airpad OS".  Yes, it works exactly as you described.  Now I can browse the two removable drives corresponding to the SD card and the internal memory respectively.

I have used the AirpadX for about 10 hours extensively and intensively.  So far so good except it does not support Android Market.  I look forward to upgrading it to Android 4.0 which is supposed to be available next month according to X10.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.