Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Amazon app store suddenly does not work anymore..?!  (Read 10588 times)

alien883

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Amazon app store suddenly does not work anymore..?!
« on: February 02, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »

My sons airpad 7 had an Amazon app store on it which I successful installed, now suddenly it will not connect anymore...app store does not work anymore...give me the "not connected" message and "retry" but it does not work..?
What happened...?? Internet works fine, all apps installed work fine, all Amazon app store apps work too...I have a 20GB card installed.....just can't connect to Amazon app store...!
Need help, son would like to down load more games...

Thanks for all the help

JP

bigbear639

Re: Amazon app store suddenly does not work anymore..?!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:24:55 PM »

Try to stop it from running in Applications -Manage applications. Stop and uninstall then sign into amazon.com and reinstall it.

deholla

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »

Seems we got the same problem on the same day.  Amazon Appstore quit working but I could use the apps until I decided to remove and reinstall the appstore.  It might have been better to try simply unintalling the last update (if there was one) .  After the total uninstal, none of the Amazon apps worked, and to make matters worse, trying to reinstal the appstore kept failng.  Removing previous APK files and trying to do a manual instal did not work.  A factory reset was what I ended up getting to work. My guess is one of the many dozen apps I had caused some instability.

webpilot

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 11:34:10 PM »

Disappointment reigns for this hapless Canuck! Rec'd my AirpadXL yesterday only to discover AFTER I ordered my unit that Amazon App Store is blocked for non-US users! Compounded with that issue, of course with hindsight, the Android Market does not function. Running 2.3.4 which I ignorantly thought was ICS; please feel free to correct me and shine some light on this! Loaded SlideME and Getjar and have loaded some old favorite apps but have many more "locked" in the inaccessible Market and perhaps Amazon.

Any other Canuck (Canadian) users able to get Amazon App Store to work? If yes, how please?

Cheers

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 10:12:12 AM »

I use google market.
The directions to install are on my forum.
Hint: link in my tagline
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Musicman_

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:03 PM »

I have the same crazy problem. Amazon App Store loaded and worked perfectly for several days, then just stops working, sort of just hangs or says Amazon system problems.
Uninstalled the app, then reinstalled the app, and it worked again for a couple of days now same thing.  :-\

It's such a pain in the ass to reinstall the app, but now seems to not work at all.

Any suggestions appreciated  >!

randy_the_hozer

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »

I know this is VERY old but it came up on my search for the same problem and I have what is probably the answer.

Folks, check your date and time.  When my tablet runs out of juice because I neglect it, when I turn it back on the date is Jan 1 2033 or some such thing.   The browser works, everything works EXCEPT the AppStore.

The AppStore is sensitive to the date.  Change your date back to the right time and voila!

Randy

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 07:55:44 PM »

Folks, check your date and time.  When my tablet runs out of juice because I neglect it, when I turn it back on the date is Jan 1 2033 or some such thing.   The browser works, everything works EXCEPT the AppStore.

The AppStore is sensitive to the date.  Change your date back to the right time and voila!

Randy

I had the same problem with Google Play. Fixing date & time also worked for me

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.